*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597344-Needling-Press---Current-Events
by Cinn
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1597344
Events section for Needling press.
Current Events


Writing.com Celebrates 9th Birthday




By Walt Congra

Needling Press



          This week, WDC is celebrating its 9 year anniversary! What does this mean for you? Head on over to "Writing.Com Party Central 2023! to check out the contests. This week WDC will be giving away millions of gift points!

          To get your hands on these gift points, just check out a few of the activities. There are numerous review contests, a limerick contest and plenty of others that are being run by the moderators. The ever popular Writer's Cramp challenge is bumping its prizes from 1000gp to 9000gp this week, and there are numerous other competitions for you to join in as well.

          To this reporter's eyes, the festivities are wild and out of hand. There have been countless reports of people hanging from chandeliers with party hats sticking out of their... shoes. There have been reports of loud music, naked people running about, and piles of confetti everywhere. If the party sounds out of control, perhaps that is because it is. There have even been rumors of a birthday cake laced with narcotics trading hands. Is it any wonder that the party-goers are acting like animals? Perhaps for their tenth birthday, WDC will throw a quiet wine tasting party instead.

          For those that do not dare to try any of the cake or drinks, there are some fun non-alcoholic and non-competition items this week as well. First, there are free party decorations up for grabs, nine times the normal amount of daily review points, a section for tributes to writing.com, and much more.

          This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! WDC will never have another ninth birthday celebration. This reporter would recommend getting there before the ice cream is melted, the cake is gone, and the party favors crumpled.



© Copyright 2009 Cinn (cinnamonfringe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597344-Needling-Press---Current-Events