*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592577-writers-cramp
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1592577
when listining in on someones convo can be the last thing you do.
By: Josh Jackson
word count 777

writing cramp

         Mike stared to get impatient as he was waiting for the bus to finally arrive.
”15 minutes and still not here!” mike said angrily, he then looked down the street to his surprise was the bus finally coming. He let out a sigh and then the bus stopped right in front of him. He then proceeded to get onto the bus and pay the 1$ to ride. Mike stood at the front looking for a place to sit. He took a gander around and found a spot way at the back by two men that appeared to be in there 30's wearing dark cloths and baseball caps keeping there heads held low.

"Take a seat or get off please!" said the bus driver impatiently waiting for him to take a seat.

"Oh, I am sorry.” said Mike as he started to make his way to the back of the bus, he noticed that almost everyone that was sitting down had there eyes on him waiting for him to take a seat at the back. When mike finally reached to the back of the bus before he could even take a seat the bus driver through the stick into drive and took off down the street, causing mike to fall down onto the ground.

”I seem to have lost my footing…” mike said awkwardly picking him self off the floor and taking his seat by the two men. Mike a little embarrassed started to look around the bus to see if anyone was watching him.

”Thank God no one had seen that.” Thought Mike as he looked around at everyone, there were about 15 people on the bus, two teenagers, an old couple sitting beside each other, a bunch of men in suits, and then there were the two men in the scruffy looking clothing.

"Hey, did you get the job done?"

"Yes, I took care of are...problem, and it wont be bothering us again."

Once the two men started talking, Mike couldn’t help himself but to listen in on their conversation, they where the only two people he found interesting on the bus and he always had a problem for listing in on others people businesses.

"Good, so we can proceed without him...I mean the thing, bothering us..."

         Mike was baffled at what he just said, and was now staring right at them trying to
Figure out what they where talking about.

”Could these two people have killed someone?” Thought mike as he listened into there conversation and leaning in on them making no attempt on trying to hid the fact that he was listing in on there conversation.

"When is the package going to be coming?" said the man closest to Mike who looked up, looked all around the bus and looked into the eyes of Mike who was staring right at them.
"Hey pal! Take a picture! It would last longer!" yelled the man at mike

"Oh. I am sorry, I guess I was starting to drift off into space." said mike nervously looking around and noticing that most of the people where now looking at him and the man.

The bus jerked everyone forward as the bus driver slammed onto the brakes and opened the door, the two men got up and gave mike a cold stair and walked off the bus. The entire bus ride mike couldn’t help but to think about what the two men where talking about. There was just something about them he couldn’t shake off.

The next day Mike was sitting on the couch watching the T.V, and reading his newspaper at the same time. Mike flipped through the pages to find a piece on drug in the community. Mike read on how an undercover cop was killed trying to bring down a large drug bust.

” Good, so we can proceed without him...I mean the thing, bothering us..." the words of the man flashed through his mind and almost on perfect timing the door bell went off. Mike jumped at the sound of the door bell, he sat there calming his nerves while the door bell rang again, and again.

”Alright, I am coming!” yelled mike from his living room, he walked over to the front door and opened it up. Two men cam barging through his door and grabbed him and held him on the ground. The man that told him to take a picture walked into the room.

”Yes. This is him. Kill him, I believe he heard too much yesterday.” Said the man as he walked out of the house and listened to the cry from mike screaming for help.

© Copyright 2009 jpjj123 (jpjj123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592577-writers-cramp