*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589334-My-Team
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1589334
My Team Is a story of when Michael became a manager, and what happened to his team.
Michael saw that his life was going no where fast. When He looked at his life he thought of the many things he liked to do and experience. The first thing that came to his mind was watching and playing baseball. Then when he asked what be his dream to do the answer was simple became a manager for a professional baseball team. That's something that Michael really liked. When he spoke to his friends about what his life long dream was, They told him there's only one way to find out if you will be good at becoming a manager sign up with a Little League baseaball team and see if they coaches or managers. Michael thought that was a wonderful idea. The next Michael did just that he went to the local Little league organization and spoke to the president. Michael told the president of the little league organization that he would love to coach a team. The President said " we need all the help with we could get". Michael gave his name and number to the organization. They gave him a card with all his information and they told him that the league would start in three weeks but they would have a meeting next week to assign Managers and coaches to their teams. That meeting would assign manager and coaches to team names and players.
On the day of the meeting Michael was getting prepared to go to the meeting, when he got there the president of the little league organization came up to him and aked if Michael wouldn't mind being a manager. Michael was surprised at that and then he happily accepted. The meeting continued and the started with the older kids ten through 12 year old kids. there was four teams Jimmy's bronx cafe, the south fourth street bears, San Antonio deers and Ponce Prince's. The managers for those teams where announced Michael's name was not announced. Then came the seven through nine year old kids. There was four teams too Augadilla's bees, Jimmy's Bronx cafe, San Antonia Birds and the South Side monsters. When the maangers where announced Michaels name was announced his team was Aguadilla Bees. The games begin in two weeks managers are supposed to find their own coaches. Michael was talking to some of his consins about the team and two of them wanted to play. He talked to their parents and they signed them on from there they started talking to their friends and that's how they formed the team,
The little league had a rule that all teams play the other three teams twice that means that all teams would play eight games. The team that had the most wins would be first in the play offs and the second second and third third. So that way in the division championship the team that the least amount of games in the playoff would be out. and then the first and second place team would have a five game to see who would win the championship. In the seven through nine division Jimmy's Bronx cafe where champions two years running.
The season began and the first opponent of the Aguadilla bees was the south side monster. There was a six inning and the bees won 7 to 5. The next week ant bees faced the birds and again the bees won the birds 8 to 3. The next game was against Jimmy's Bronx cafe and this time Jimmy's Bronx cafe won 10 to 1. Bees where very disappointed but Michael talked to them and told that next week they had to face the birds. The team was happy about that. Next week came and bees won the birds 12 to 2. the game was against the monsters and again the bees won 9 to 6. The last game of the season was against Jimmy's Bronx Cafe and yet again the bees lost by knock out 10 to 0. The next day all managers had a meeting to see who will be going to the playoffs.
The next day Michael found out that the three teams that will go to the playoffs in his division would be in first to third. JImmy's Bronx Cafe, Aquadilla Bee's and San Antonia Birds. The president congratulated all teams. michael went to the kids and told them that they were in the second team with two loses. he went on to say that Jimmy's Bronx Cafe was in with no losses and San Antonio Birds where there with Four losses. The South Side Monsters had only one win. Lastly he told them that next week we would have a double header with the birds and Jimmy's group. The Birds and Jimmy's group hada a game Jimmy's Bronx Cafe won via knockout 15 to 5. and the Bee's and Jimmy's Group and they won 7 to 5. That means that Jimmy's Bronx Cafe are automatically in and then whoever wins between Birds and the Bee's takes second place. The game was good and the final result was the bee's 9 and Birds 6. Starting next week there will be a double header between the Bee' and Jimmy's group.
The next week came and Michael and his group were going to face Jimmy's Group and Michael talked to his boys and told them that he knew they have beaten them before but they could take them. The captain talked to him team and told them that had to win both games to assure a victory and the he was proud of them. I guess they took that to heart because the bee's won the first game 11 to 0 and they felt so good the second game was just as good cause the bee's won a again but this time in a knockout 15 to 5 in the fourth.If the Bee's win the next game they will be new Little league champions. Michael did a great joba t coaching and they were all so very proud.
The next double header came and the bee's knew what they had to do win in the first game to knock them out. The game began and the bee's must've had their wheaties because at the end of the second they were winning 12 to 0 by the fourth they had a 19 to 0. at the end of the fourth the empire called the game and the bee's won the championship. The whole organization was stunned.

The bee's won their first championship a new team to win it all was un heard of. Michael and the bee's won the championship for a total of three years in a row until the kids were ten years old. So the went on the be michael and the bee's.

I hoped you enjoyed my story. Yes thid did actually happened and critics would be more than happily accepted.




© Copyright 2009 The Writing Work Horse (ejc823 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589334-My-Team