*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587237-A-Time-to-Shine
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Family · #1587237
Young adult fiction
Pump, pump, Pump. My heart felt good and my lungs breathed in clean cool air. Perfect month to start track. My focus was to win. Tryouts were yesterday, but they called us four back to see who will get into the team. I was in second, close to first place. Abby was a good runner like me, but it is my dream to race other schools. that is my goal and my dream, and she will not take it from me. I felt my feet go faster, and before I knew it I was ahead of Abby and about to win. Then.... everything went black.

My head hurt and my sight was blurred. Beeps, voices... what happened? My head felt like a firecracker. Bright lights shone in my eyes. Ow! I closed my eyes, and I guess I started crying, because someone was talking to me. What ever happened was bad. My eyes opened. Someone was looking down at me. I could barely see him because my headache was harsh and everything looked out of focus. then a smile flashed on his face. Wait. Do I know him? My eyes shut closed, and I fell back asleep.

Waking up was hard. My head barely hurt, but still, what happend? That same guy was sleeping in the blue chair next to my bed. Who was he? I had an IV in my arm, and I guessed that I was in the hospital. I took a look at him... He was about 30 years old, with short black hair, beard and mustache. He was kind of scary. Not to mention, he snored loudly.

Blinking, I heard my door open. A voice said softly, "Tina?" I looked at the nurse who walked in. "Yeah, that's me," I said. She smiled. "Good, we figured you woud get up". We? She looked at the sleeping man. "Who is this guy?"

I think it was eary to tell I was confused and didn't know who the heck this guy was!

© Copyright 2009 Amber Taylor (aggieamber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587237-A-Time-to-Shine