*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1554211-The-Forlorn-Ocean
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1554211
The story of a girl who encounters a mysterious boy after living an isolated life.
A girl once lived alone by the beach in a small house. She'd always been there ever since she could remember. Her favorite place to go would be up on some rocks leading out to the ocean. As she went out one day, she saw a boy sitting and staring out to the sea. The girl wondered who this boy was. She'd never seen another person in her life before. She went up to the boy and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and had sad, ocean-colored eyes. Suddenly, he jumped into the water. The girl panicked and looked around for any signs of him. She jumped into the water and searched like crazy, but no signs of anyone in the water except herself. Disappointed and surprised, she went home.

The following days continued the same way - seeing the boy with sad eyes, watching him jump into the water, searching for him, and going home disappointed, wet, and cold. The girl stayed home the next week and went out to see the sun set. She found the boy sitting there, and went up to him. She sat down and put her head on his shoulder. The boy didn't jump into the water this time. He continued to gaze out towards the sea.

When the girl woke up, she was surprised to see that she was sleeping in her own bed. Wasn't she last sitting by the rocks, watching the sun set as her head was resting on the boy's shoulder? She ran back out and found the boy still there, sitting on the rocks. But he was now staring back at the girl. She stared back at him, and walked closer. He did not jump into the water as usual again. He just sat, staring at the girl with those forlorn eyes. She wondered if the boy had brought her to her bed. She reached to the spot she had been before and they both sat in silence, staring into the heart of the ocean.

There was a little hole by their feet that had water in it. The girl suddenly splashed water at the mysterious boy. He blinked a couple of times and then smiled a little. He splashed back, and then they both fell into the ocean. The spit out water and laughed. Both were soaked, and she offered to take him to her house. He reluctantly agreed and they dried off. She was getting him a drink when he suddenly disappeared. She dropped the cup and ran out. Nobody was around. No boy was standing on the rocks. She dropped to her knees and wept. The boy suddenly appeared in front of her. He hugged her, and her tears slowly stopped flowing. Whenever he stayed at her house, it was only for a few minutes. Then, he'd suddenly disappear into thin air.

A year past, and she felt like she loved this boy. She went to see him at their usual spot, but he was no where to be seen. She looked frantically all over the beach for him. She was tired, but did not rest. She finally went back to the rocks and cried. He appeared in front of her for a brief moment and kissed her. He faded away slowly and she was left alone. Speechless, happy, and heartbroken, she sat there for hours as the sky changed to the color of the boy's eyes.
© Copyright 2009 Sumarika (sumarika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1554211-The-Forlorn-Ocean