*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540929-Have-a-Nice-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1540929
This is an exert from my main story which i hope to get up here by the end of the year.
          My most recent jump led me to a world where I could appear as myself in my hoodie and mask. The world was technologically inclined, with hovering cars and holographic displays. I decided to listen to some music while I perused this world, and put the headphones on and began walking, hands in pockets. Everywhere there were signs of a single oppressive government. I felt the presence of magic in the air, but it seems suppressed and scattered. I am surprised when I look up to find myself surrounded by enforcer type police with guns and riot guard style equipment. “PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND IDENTIFY YOURSELF!”  The leader shouted.
          “Be happy to officer. By the way what is the government’s opinion concerning magic in any form?” the man shouts back in a tone that suggests the response is well rehearsed, “Magic in any and all forms is deemed dangerous and all those who can use such an evil power are to be terminated. Are you a magic user?”
          “Gosh no sir, I don’t have any magic of my own. I just woke up and can’t recall the laws in this country, I was just asking. Just let me turn my music off and I’ll come with you.” He nods and I calmly moved my hood back and removed my mask. The guards are all shocked as well as some bystanders at the tall snow leopard standing before them. I shake my fur out and take the headphones off, hanging them around my neck. I take out the Ipod. Instead of turning it off, I increased the volume and just changed the song to “Have a Nice Day.” They heard a new song playing and raised their weapons. I sighed inside and let myself descend into a trance. My eyes glowed and I tossed my bag to a nearby boy. He caught it and stayed where he was. As the song played they approached slowly and I let my head and arms fall slack to the side, putting on a show of being completely out of it. As I hung limp on my feet, I wove an illusion to spread what was happening and the song to every person in a full mile, which was about the range I guessed my display would require.
         
Why, you wanna tell me how to live my life?
         I lift my head and stare at the leader.
Who, are you to tell me if it's black or white?
         The whole surrounding flashes black on white like it was drawn with a pen.
Mama, can you hear me? Try to understand.
Is innocence the difference between a boy and a man.
My daddy lived the lie, it's just the price that he paid.
Sacrificed his life, just slavin' away.

         I’ve stood up and cracked my neck rather loudly
Ohhh, if there's one thing I hang onto,
That gets me through the night.

         I’m seen off to the side leaning against a building staring up at a raining sky
I ain't gonna do what I don't want to,
         One guard manages to slip handcuffs onto me;
I'm gonna live my life.
         They simply dissolve into dust.
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice,
         I glow brightly as another rush me. I limply leap into the air.
Standing on the ledge, I show the wind how to fly.
         Landing lightly on his head, perfectly balanced, the others fire at me but I leap again, floating in the air as I descend slowly.

When the world gets in my face,
         They all surround me.
I say, Have A Nice Day.
         I mouth the words and they rush me. I slip out from their beating
Have A Nice Day
         and appear next to the boy, repeating the words to him.

Take a look around you; nothing's what it seems
         A guard shoots at me again and the bullets pass through me, my the ghostly image of myself fades away.
We're living in the broken home of hopes and dreams,
I appear next to the boy’s mother, who is sick in bed in a very run down looking home.
Let me be the first to shake a helping hand.
I take out a small white pearl and the mother is basked in a white light, and it is evident that she is healed.
Anybody brave enough to take a stand,
         I reach to the mother’s hand and pull her out of the bed; she stands up on her own.
I've knocked on every door, on every dead end street,
         She looks at me, surprised, and I smile warmly back at her
Looking for forgiveness,
         She hugs me tightly
what's left to believe?
         I disappear and reappear outside in that first limp position. As the next line winds up, I pull my self into an upright position.

Ohhh, if there's one thing I hang onto,
That gets me through the night.
I ain't gonna do what I don't want to,
I'm gonna live my life.

         Another failed attempt to subdue me as I seemingly ghost away at will.
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice,
         I flash and their focus shifts to another house, where I stand in the garden. I place my hand on the tree in the yard and it erupts in growth.
Standing on the ledge, I show the wind how to fly.
         A bough grows beneath me and lifts me up with it. The garden has also flourished, becoming a veritable Eden. With a satisfied grin, a whirlwind forms around me, carrying me out of the tree and into the middle of the street.
When the world gets in my face,
         The officers arrive again, in greater numbers. There are even helicopters now.
I say, Have A Nice Day.
         I give a friendly wave to the garden’s owner before being turning to face the authorities.
Have A Nice Day.
         I salute the police and then blast off in a powerful gust.
  [Guitar Solo]
I make my way towards a large building, about forty stories tall, eluding my pursuers effortlessly.

Ohhh, if there's one thing I hang onto,
         I land on the roof, having a headstart on the police who are climbing up the building.
That gets me through the night.
         I stare up as I conjure a brilliant star riddled sky.
I ain't gonna do what I don't want to,
         The guards are coming up.
I'm gonna live my life.
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice,

         I begin glowing and walk towards the edge
Standing on the ledge, I show the wind how to fly.
         I step up to the ledge as a gush of wind blows up the side of the building.
When the world gets in my face,
         The guards and helicopter arrive, all with guns pointed at me. I turn to face them
I say, Have A Nice Day. 
         I fall back, and begin plummeting off the side of the 40 story apartment building.
Have A Nice Day. 
         I enjoy the freefall before landing lightly.
Have A Nice Day.
Have A Nice Day.
Have A Nice Day.


When The world keeps trying, to drag me down,
         The guards are numerous and surrounding me.
I've gotta raise my hands, gonna stand my ground.
         I hang my head and plant my feet, slowly raising my arms out.
Well I say, Have A Nice Day.
         I clench my paws all their weapons disappear, as do I.
Have A Nice Day
         I appear by that boy again, handing him a slip of paper and ruffling his hair before walking away, putting my headphones, mask, and hood back on.
Have A Nice Day
         A light breeze blows, and my form blows away like sand. The boy looks down at the piece of paper unfolding it. On it is written, “Xenel Azerinth ” in glowing letters. I make sure everyone in my range sees the name, before it vanishes and the illusion ends.
© Copyright 2009 Azerinth (xenel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540929-Have-a-Nice-Day