*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538189-Its-Only-Okay-When-a-Democrat-Says-It
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Editorial · Political · #1538189
Someone once said that he hoped the President failed, but it was okay. He was a Democrat.
It's Only Okay If A Democrat Says It

by Marilyn Mackenzie



Someone once said that he hoped the President failed. It was on September 11, 2001, just a short while before the terrorist attacks when those words were uttered, by James Carville, at a breakfast sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor.

Remember James Carville? He was a political consultant, a media personality. He worked as a strategist for Bill Clinton's presidential campaign. And he was co-host of CNN's Crossfire.

He was also a Democrat, and he wanted our President, George W. Bush to fail. His words were, "I don't care if people like him or not, just so they don't vote for him and his party. That is all I care about. I hope he doesn't succeed, but I am a partisan Democrat."

Someone else also said that he hoped the President failed. At the Conservative Political Action Conference, Rush Limbaugh explained, "So what is so strange about being honest to say that I want Barack Obama to fail if his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation?"

Indeed, what is so strange about Limbaugh's comment? It is exactly what Americans all over the country are hoping - that the President fails to change the country into something it was never meant to be, that the President fails to make permanent changes to our government, and that the President doesn't waste and spend so much money that future generations will be left to pay for his spending spree. We also hope he fails.

Why can one man criticize a President and not be criticized himself? Because it's only okay if a Democrat says it. Or is it because the liberal media would never criticize one of its own? Perhaps it is both.
© Copyright 2009 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538189-Its-Only-Okay-When-a-Democrat-Says-It