*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530221-Sobriety-is-a-drug
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Philosophy · #1530221
Sobriety is also a change of the mind.
The sober feeling you get when you put down the joint for a day or two, or when you give up drinking for a period of time; that itself is a change in perception and consciousness and can be utilized in the same matter as any drug.

I feel bad for those who are high 24/7 or feel they need to drop LSD in order to feel the world around them. They are taking themselves away from reality and are living in their own constant state of mind. Drugs are tools brought down to this earth by some divine power. They can allow the user to change the way they perceive the world, and create an illusion to better illustrate their own creative thinking. However, if that user is in that state of mind for their entire life, the illusion becomes reality, and they are in no way better at seeing the world as the outsiders do.

So whenever you see me with a joint in my hand, or pupils dilated the size of golf balls. Don't call me a stoner, or an acid head, because I always take the time for sobriety. My lifestyle is constantly changing and it always will as long as I see the world for what it truly is: a morphing state of consciousness. I will try as hard as I possibly can to avoid being sucked into the dark vortex of total chaos, but at the same time, total logical existence leads to the same place.

This is the nature of balance.
© Copyright 2009 James Sulivan (gaberlcs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530221-Sobriety-is-a-drug