*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529476-the-living-US-constitution
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Assignment · Educational · #1529476
describing the power of the constitution and what rights people have
Our U.s. constitution has been around for about 220 years, if you ask me that is a long time. Some of you may wonder why the Constitution was made, or what rights and power the people, branches, and houses have. Well, the constitution was made so no branch or house could gain more power than the other. The people were given rights and the president has power, between the two, the power is balanced out. It may not be equal because the president will need more power in order to do his job, yet not have so much power to where we would be treated as robots. (:
Power is talked about alot in the U.S. Constitution, but the Constitution it self has power. Think about it, the Constitution has been apart of our lives for more thatn 200 years and no matter what generation you are born in you are bound to learn about it. Every single state in the U.S. must obied by it. The Branches, both Houses, the President, Vice President, ect. all must follow the constitution, in order to do their job right. Without the U.S. Constitution, there really would be no laws. Some people feel its neccesary to change the Constitution and most of the time they are correct. Yet It takes alot of time and effort, so to change the Constitution you need to have a very good reason. It has been done before but the main reason for the changes were , they needed the amendments to fit the present time. Take amendment 13 for example, we no longer have slaves so that amendment needed to be changed to fit todays life.
So you see the U.S. Constitution changes and has an effect on every choice you make. It is the law of all laws and has the power that tells everyone what they can and can not do. You never know when an amendment will change or what an amendment might say in ten years, but you can say that the U.S. Constitution will always be around.
© Copyright 2009 Kendra_A_M (kendra_a_m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529476-the-living-US-constitution