*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526484-Naked-Girl-Beginnings
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1526484
The confused beginnings of a superhero/supervillain as she wakes up to a new life.
She had woken up in a lab. There were tubes and wires attached to her, monitors beeping, telling someone she was alive. She should have been in the morgue. She was in a car crash. Some idiot had slammed on their brakes for a squirrel. As if the world would end should the squirrel be hit. There was no time for her to stop, no time, but even had there been enough that she avoided the mini cooper in front of her she would have still been hit. Because barreling behind her was an 18 wheeler that was never going to stop. She felt the jolt as her front hit the car. But somehow, all that happened when the 18 wheeler smashed into her little jeep was a loud crunching of metal smashing metal. She felt nothing. In fact, other than that sound, she remembered nothing. Nothing, that is, until she woke up here, attached to tubes and wires, and all that said she was alive were the annoying beeps in her ears.
"Good, you're awake."
The voice came from behind her head. It was deep, masculine, and sent shivers racing down her skin. She tried to move her head, but something was keeping it in place. In fact, her entire body was immobile.
"It was for your own safety. When we got you in here you were a bit of a mess. So, to keep you from harming yourself, and us, we had to strap you down," said the voice as he moved around, so that she could now see him.
He was tall, wearing all white. A lab coat covered his white scrubs. There was various medical equipment wrapped around his neck, and protruding from his pockets. He was bald, and though the room was dim he wore sunglasses. And as he started removing the tubes and wires from her body he would smile as she flinched.
That smile was what made her shocked silence break. She could absorb the oddity of this experience later. Now she had to get out, and she had to get away from this creepy bald man that was taking pleasure in her pain.
"Who are you? And why in the fuck are you smiling like that?" She fully understood that vulgarity was usually not the most desired thing in a female, but when she was scared she lost control of it.
"Miss Stevens, that is not the language appropriate for a school teacher. Why don't you try asking again, but this time use some manners." And there it was again, that serial killer smile. The kind that was full of teeth, and though she couldn't see his eyes behind the glasses, she knew it didn't reach his eyes.
"Who are you... please," even she could tell that the politeness was forced, but she couldn't change it. She never could get good grades in drama class. Acting was not in her bag of tricks.
He clicked his tongue at her. "That was horribly done, Miss Stevens, or maybe I should call you Daria. I have seen you naked." He said with a chuckle that was almost worse than his smile.
"How do you know my name? Where am I? And who are you?"
The smile got bigger, "Why Daria, I'm your savior. I took what was dying and broken, and changed it into something stronger, and alive. I made you superhuman."
With that, he pulled the last wire from her thigh, and then he rubbed his hand up it, stopping just short of her crotch.
"Leave her alone, Sid."
The creepy bald man, Sid it seemed, jerked his hand away. Daria took a full breath, the first since he had started talking to her. She had thought that he was going to rape her. Right on the table, she thought he was planning on removing all the tubes and wires and just shoving himself into her as she was strapped down. But now it seemed she was saved. And what an unlikely hero had saved her.
He walked around the table. He was tall, lithe, and completely naked.
Well, completely naked other than the mask around his eyes, and the cape that was tied around his neck. He was either obsessive about shaving, or else had all of his hair lasically removed. But while the nakedness was distracting, he didn't send off vibes that screamed "I'm a sociopath and I'm going to rape you". In fact, he was unstrapping her.
"My name is Dylan, but to the public I'm known as Naked Man. Not that i go out naked, things need to stay PG for the kiddies out there, but all my suits are flesh colored. I'm sure you've heard of me."
"Actually, no. I've never heard of 'Naked Man'. In fact, why would anyone want to be known as Naked Man?"
"Oh," he looked crestfallen that she didn't know of him. She almost started to lie, and say that she may have heard a story or two, but he got himself back on track before she could.
"Well, that doesn't really matter. What matters is that you were in an accident. And technically, you died. However, Sid here, while completely perverted, and slightly sociopathic, is an incredible doctor. And with a few modifications to your leg and arms, has fixed you better than new."
"What do you mean, modifications?"
Daria looked pushed herself to a sitting position. And she saw it, her leg was now a bird-like talon. She flexed her leg, and the toes moved accordingly. But they weren't really toes. They were talons, claws. And she almost started to cry. All her beautiful shoes, never to be worn again. And then she looked at her arms. Nothing seemed to be different. She wiggled her fingers. Everything worked fine. She clenched her hand, and long knifelike claws came out.
She let out a startled squeak. She stared at her hand, at the metal protrusions extending from them. And then she looked at her other hand. She clenched that fist, and as she was preparing herself for more claws, her hand turned into solid metal. It flowed from her palm outward, encasing her fist in metal. As she stared at her two strangely perverted hands her head started to swim in a fog of dancing shadows.
"Miss Stevens, you should probably breathe. While we have increased your body's ability, we have not made you impervious to fainting."
"Can I leave?" She said in a faint, whispy voice.
"We would prefer you not to, but I would hope that you'd stay. I can teach you how to use the new abilities with precision. But if you wish to leave, we are not keeping you prisoner. Should you ever wish to return you may. This is your home now, if ever you leave, you may always return."
"Call me a cab, and get me some clothes please. I'm going home."
And that was how Daria Stevens started her new life.

© Copyright 2009 Bookerboots (bookerboots at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526484-Naked-Girl-Beginnings