*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1523772-The-Betrayal
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1523772
How can you deny the truth?
The sun rays found their way into the room through the slim openings between the blue curtains. I opened my eyes, just to see his sleeping face in front of me. And I smiled. Just knowing that he would always be by my side was a calming thought. I could see his side rising and falling as he breathed. I slowly crawled out from the blanket, and stepped out of the bed. I didn’t want to wake him up or ruin that peaceful sight. But as always, he somehow understood that I wasn’t on the bed anymore, and he woke up; his head slightly tilted up from the pillow. “Where are you going?’ he asked groggily. I gave out a small laugh and said “No where”. He got up and looked at me with his intense eyes. I could find myself melting away under his stare. It had been six years since the day I met him, but still I couldn’t manage to hold myself stable when I looked into his eyes. It had so much strength and ardor in them. They were a different identity by themselves. He stepped off the bed, stood up and walked over to me slowly. He held my hand and brought me nearer to him. I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes. He brought his face down to my face so that there was only an inch left between us. He moved my hair covering my left ear, brushing his nose against it. Then he whispered, “Everyday I get to love you more than yesterday, but always less than tomorrow….”

I woke up startled. The night was darker than ever. I cradled my head in my hands. Tears poured on, my eyes felt heavier by seconds. Strong, thick patches of ache wrenched my heart. My chest started aching; my body writhed in enormous pain. I just could not believe it. I remembered every word he ever spoke, and every word he didn’t. I remembered his touch, his smell, his breathe on my skin. And I couldn’t accept the fact that I wouldn’t feel him ever again. He was a betrayer, he cheated me with death.
© Copyright 2009 wrath_of_phoenix (phoenix888 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1523772-The-Betrayal