*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520982-Deadened-by-loneliness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1520982
Love is biased....don't you think?
On a moonlit night, I stand alone watching the sky. Some clouds flow absentmindedly by the bright moon. A sight so beautiful yet so empty. I hold a deep breath. And let out a sigh. Everything seems empty to me. Even my heart pumps no blood. It is bare and brazen. I wish I could understand why it hurt so much. I don’t even have anyone to hold me and tell that everything was going to be alright.  And I doubt if I ever would. Why was it so hard for some people to find love while easy for others? Love is unfair. It is partial to some lucky ones. And equally harsh against not-so-lucky people like me. I think about people who right now are with the ones they love. And here I remain alone. I wish I had someone to share my world with. Someone who will accept me for whatever I am and not try to change a thing in me. Someone who will love me to the extent of madness and demand the same from me. Someone I can bet my life on and win every time. I close my eyes. And feel someone beside me. A vague figure. A hand stretches out to me. I wait for it to land on my shoulder, but it doesn’t happen. I wait for it to hold my hand. It doesn’t happen either. I shudder. The reality bites…I find myself and no one else. I close my eyes again....this time hoping for the hand to wipe my tears....
© Copyright 2009 wrath_of_phoenix (phoenix888 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520982-Deadened-by-loneliness