*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520601-Tom-and-the-Three-wish-digerydoo
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1520601
A selfish australian gets himself into a mess by making wishes
        Once, in Sydney, Australia there was a great singer called Tom Jenkins. Tom sang at the Opera house very often, a part most singers would kill for. He was a wonderful singer and sang most genres of music that were accepted at the Opera house. He had one flaw though, he was very greedy. One night he was walking home late at night. Then out of the darkness of an alley came an aboriginal witch-doctor. She said to him in a creepy and squeaky voice “Tomm Jennkiins youuu are tooo greeeedy. Your needed too bee taught a lesson. Thiisss isss aa maagiicall Diigerreeedooo, it willl grannt youuurrr wiishes threeee. jusst blow iintooo itt and thenn sssayy youuurrr wiish”. At that she slunk back into the shadows. Tom being a tad-bit religious didn’t believe the aboriginal superstitious beliefs. He just thought of it a mad-woman’s ramblings and he always wanted a didgeridoo. At that he home to his large penthouse apartment.





      The next day he didn’t sing until midnight so he decided to play his new didgeridoo after about half-an-hour he looked up and said to himself “I wish I was famous for singing and this digerydoo thing then id be the next aussie millionaire.” And then he went to fix himself a sandwich.



      That night at 10:00 he was getting ready to leave for the Opera house and he opened his door and was blinded by the light of many cameras and assaulted with Questions from reporters who had evidently been standing there since an hour after he wished. He fought blindly through the reporters and into the elevator where the elevator man helped him in and kept reporters out. At the middle floor Tom regained his sight as the elevator man said “your limo is waiting for you just outside the building and you might want these” and he handed tom a pair if dark sunglasses.



      When Tom finally got home he hastily went for the didgeridoo. He blew and said “I wish that all the publicity went away” and sure enough in the next week no one came to his shows, no reports were written and then no paychecks came. Tom was slowly disappearing into the noise of the city which held 4 million people, 20% of the aussie population he was being forgotten. Soon only his friends new him. Now obviously he had to sell his penthouse and move into a much cheaper apartment.



      A month later he was unpacking some boxes and finally found the didgeridoo he now knew it was a curse and he threw it across his apartment and it hit the wall with a force that should have broken it, but broken-hearted he paid it no heed that night he was miserable then thought of how stupid he was the didgeridoo caused all of his problems but it could fix them all too. He got up to find and play it. He was about blow the horn and decided in his tiredness and hastiness that he needed to take a fool-proof wish since it was his last one.



      The following week he was busy creating a fool-proof wish so nothing could go wrong. Once he constructed is to go perfectly it ended up sounding like this “I wish to go back in time to ten-thirty-two on the night of Monday the 22 of August, 2008 with all that I have learned” no deja vu right. With that he to his didgeridoo he blew and around him everything was going backwards and he appeared walking down the street by the ally where the woman came out of but this time she didn’t come.



      Aboriginal witch-doctors have their ways now but all tom found was a didgeridoo with a note “saying congratulations Tom you have learned. Here’s a didgeridoo, no wishes this time” he believed it this time. Tom excelled in his career doing more to help others and teaching singing to others. Of course Tom lived happily ever after.

© Copyright 2009 Charlemagne (goldfinger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520601-Tom-and-the-Three-wish-digerydoo