*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519844-Stoopid-Boyz
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1519844
Why are boys so...
"Uuugh! I hate 'em. Why do they have to be that way?" little Gabby said with a tone of disgust, as she burst through the kitchen door.

"What happened now?" Mom asked, as she wiped her hands on her apron.

"It's those stupid boys, Tyler in particular." replied Gabby. "He's always doing things to torment me. Why are boys like that?"

"I don't know Honey, but they haven't changed. Even when I was a little girl they were like that. I remember one day when I was walking home from school with my friends and all of a sudden I heard a dull squishy thud, and then I felt something wet on my arm and face. I looked down and someone had thrown a tomato at us girls and it had splattered all over my Math book!" Mom winced as she spoke recalling the event.

"Ew gross" squealed Gabby. "What did you do?"

"Well, we screamed and the boys just stood there laughing. I went home crying that night. My Mother tried to comfort me but I was so upset."

Mom continued "Later that evening our doorbell rang, when I opened the door there was no one there. As I was turning to close the door I noticed on the porch a small white daisy and a note which read 'I'm sorry I ruined your book. I didn't mean to make you cry. I want to be your friend'. and it was signed, Please forgive me, Billy"

Gabby spoke up "See what I mean boys are just so...HEY wait a minute, Daddy's name is Billy!"

Mom just smiled and hugged little Gabby.

Word count= 272
Entry in the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge" 1/25/09 Prompt = Write a story that includes a tomato, a flower, and a book
Winner Daily Prize
© Copyright 2009 H2O2Whine (h2o2whine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519844-Stoopid-Boyz