*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517053-Devina
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1517053
story of a girl in search of her parents. she discovers that her best friend is her sister
Prologue
Devina woke up. Grumbling, she rolled out of bed and got dressed. That’s odd she thought I can’t hear or smell mom cooking. Alert now, she grabbed her longbow and her quiver. Devina nocked an arrow and went to her closet. She threw it open and grabbed her dirk and poniard. She also grabbed her sgian dhu as an afterthought. Tucking her sgian dhu into her pocket, she finally searched the house. She saw a figure and realized it was a mirror and she was looking at herself. In the mirror was a young woman with blues eyes and shoulder length brilliant blond hair. The house was empty and she was alone.

Chapter 1
(Six months later) Devina ran to Artemis’ house. “Artemis it is Devina! Open up!” she cried. “Okay. Jeez!” Artemis replied. The door opened. Standing there was a woman the same age as Devina. She had green eyes and black hair. They had been friends for as long as they could remember. “Whaddya want?” said Artemis. “Someone is trying to kill me!” said Devina. “What?!” screamed Artemis. Suddenly, an arrow shot out of nowhere and slammed into a table. “That was expensive! He’s dead now!” said Artemis. “Don’t move!” said a gruff voice. ”Or the consequences will be deadly.” They looked at the source of the voice. They saw a man about two years older than them. He had blue hair and brown eyes. He’s pretty cute Artemis thought I would like him if he wasn’t a homicidal maniac bent on killing my best friend. “Who are you?” Artemis ventured warily. “My name is of no use to you since you will be dying shortly.” He replied. “Why are you hell-bent on killing us?” asked Devina “You bear the mark of the men who killed my sister.” He walked closer and the girls were able to see that he had a rapier belted to his side. “You mean the fleur-de-lis? It is the mark of clan we are a part of. The Flowers of Death is its name.” The girls said harmoniously. “We are sworn enemies of the Saab who also use the fleur-de-lis. They raid camps and villages; we protect people.” “So these Saab are the ones responsible for my sister’s death?” “Most likely.” Devina replied. “I am truly sorry for hunting you like that. My name is Simba.” “Mine is Devina.” “Mine is Artemis” “If you are wondering why we have the same weapons, it is because our societ says we have to own a dirk, sgian dhu, and a poniard. Then last year when the decree went out that every able bodied human should carry a longbow we just added it.” Devina said. “Interesting.” said Simba. “We are going to go on a mission to hunt some Saab. Would you care to join?” asked Artemis. “I would love it.” “Then grab a flask and lets go!” said Artemis.

Chapter 2
Devina, Artemis and SImba were in the middle of the trail when it happened. An arrow appeared ans struck Simba in the left shoulder. Crimson blood spurted out. He winced and collapsed. Artemis dragged him into cover as Devina stayed and seached the area. No tracks were found and she wondered were it came from. Listening, she heard sword clashing and figured that it was a stray arrow from a nearby arrow. Around a bend in the trail she saw a 22 year old male fighting for his life. His saber was whisling through the air and then stuck. As he was franticallt trying to pull it out Devina stepped in and survayed the predicament.There were half a score of Saab there,although half were dead.

© Copyright 2009 Lionel Haumann (meloai14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517053-Devina