*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512501-My-Daddy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by DezHel
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1512501
about a older dad passing on
He may have left this world but his legacy to live on. Along with his beloved wife of fifty years,
he left behind four children. To his oldest son, he left his strength, hands of steal, his courage and some of his heart of gold.
To his oldest daughter he left to her the ability to comfort others, courage, and some of his heart of gold.
To his youngest son he left his own reflection of himself, along with courage, strength and his hands of steal.
And to his youngest daughter he left her his free spirit, the reflection not of himself but of his gentle mother with his eyes,
the courage to carry on and never give up.
And with this legacy he will not or can not ever be gone or forgotten.
He once said that just watching his children be happy and safe, along with his three wonderful grandchildren, was worth every breath that he took.
But it was now time to go home.
One will always remember him as her best friend, soul mate, and her loving husband.
And four will always remember him as their teacher, friend, hero, but more importantly their daddy.
They love him and miss him until they will be together again.

© Copyright 2009 DezHel (desiree07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512501-My-Daddy