*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510311-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-Melanie
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1510311
This is about a vampire named Melanie. Watch how it all begins
I didn't wanna be here. My mom said it was for the best, but I didn't believe her. As I sat there and died in the hands of HIM. He said he loved me, but he was probably too big of a liar anyway. I couldn't believe I ever fell for his lies.

"Dad!" I shouted. I had controlled my thirst so a specific amount. I could be around my dad. Did I mention it's been 5 years since my Dad saw me? He thought I was with my mom and with his irresponsibility, he probably didn't check. My mom was too drunk anyway to ever form a coherent thought in her mind without...ugh, it was just too much for me to handle. Turning into a vampire on top of it? It was a wonder I didn't lose my mind.

"You're back," he whispered. He pulled me into his arms and for a moment, I felt safe and warm in his grasp. Then I remembered what I was and I pulled away from him quickly. I could see the hurt in his eyes, but reminded myself it was for the best--if I didn't want my Dad to become my newest meal.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly. "Did you call Mom and ask her about me?"

"No," he said in disgust. "She was probably drunk anyway. Has your mother reformed?"

I was completely stuck, like a rabbit in the headlights of a car. I wished I could see my expression, because HIS expression suddenly turned to confusion. "No," I said shakily, thinking that was the best answer. I had no clue about my mom. "She keeps saying so, but she hasn't."

"Oh," he said, half with relief and half with disgust. He was disgusted because his ex-wife was a drunk (I think other people would feel the same way) and he was relieved because as long as my mom was her drunk ass self, my Dad was technically my guardian, even though he had no papers and my mom STILL hadn't given up her parental rights.

"Yep." I made little popping noises with my mouth to pass time away. "I'm eating out with a few friends."

"I made your favorite." His eyes twinkled. "It's spaghetti."

I forced myself to gulp down the bile that rose in my throat. I didn't want to be eating with my father. I was already hungry enough.

"What happened to your eyes?" he asked me suddenly. I blinked, wishing this problem would just disappear. I finally turned to him and smiled.

"Nothing. Just got fake contacts." His eyes narrowed in disapproval. "Chill, Dad. I'm 17 years old."

"I forgot," he whispered. "Now, it's the beginning of junior year. You think you're friends are going to remember you?"

"I doubt it," I snorted. How did I know a vampire when I was 12 years old? I'll tell you the WHOLE story.







My friend Sapphire and Diana were on my flanks. We tossed our hair as we glided through the halls. The boys looked on enviously; they wished they could have a piece of us.

"So, how many new hearts are we breaking this year?" Sapphire asked us as we reached our side-by-side lockers. Coincidently, they were arranged in the same way we walked; me in the middle, Sapphire on my left and Diana on my right.

"I already saw all the new boys and split them up the way we would attack them," Diana said matter-of-factly.

"Wow," was all Sapphire said in response. "I..."

"Am baffled by my inquisitiveness?" Diana finished for her. Sapphire snorted, as if that wasn't what she was thinking, but we knew each other too well to be fooled.

I slammed my locker shut and said, "Did I get the cutest guys?"

"Of course," Diana said in her sun-shiny voice. She bounced up and down as if she were super-excited, her blond, short curls bouncing. "C'mon I want you to see who you have!"

"OK." Sapphire slammed her locker as I said that and we walked off into our Seminar Room.

"You have," Diana said as she pulled out a notebook and flipped to a page. "10 guys throughout the whole year."

"I can do that in a MONTH," I snapped. "There's no 30?"

"Sorry," she admitted sheepishly. "There's not much addition in the student body this year."

"Shoot," I muttered. "Oh well."

"Me and Sapphire only got 5," Diana said. "I wanted to give you something..."

"More challenging?" Sapphire offered. Her mousy brown hair and equally brown eyes twinkled as she said that, though I was sure it wasn't because she was happy.

"Yea," Diana said. "More challenging. So here are your lists. Disperse and let's mingle with some of them."

"Who is THAT guy?" I asked as he walked in the door.

Diana frowned as she saw him and double-checked her lists, which also had a picture next to each guy's name so it made it easier for us. "He's not there," she said. "That's weird."

"Look at his family!" Sapphire gasped. "They're..."

"Gorgeous?" I offered.

"Hell yea," Diana snorted. "Who's list shall I add him to?"

"Mine!" I spoke faster than I ever had, beating Sapphire to the chase. Diana shot Sapphire an apologetic look before pulling out her camera and snapping a cute picture of him WITHOUT HIM NOTICING. I sometimes think that the world is completely, totally, and stupidly unaware. I could see him smiling though, so he probably did. It was a really old Polaroid camera so the picture appeared in about 10 minutes after it shot out. He looked even MORE gorgeous on the shot, if that was even possible.

His family turned to him and began conversing. There was one really cute black haired girl, one curly-blonde hair girl, who looked almost like Diana, and one bulky boy, who looked extremely muscled.

"Can I have HIM?" Sapphire asked, deeming me already forgiven for stealing her buzz.

"Sure," Diana said. Then she snapped another pic and stuck it to the list. "Start flirtin' girls 'cause we need a name."

"Sure." Sapphire tossed her hair and grinned at me. "I'll show ya how it's done."

I was seething at her attitude. Me and Sapphire always had a competition up; it seemed like she was trying to do something about me.

"I'll be following you." I sneered behind her back, and with a final toss of my hair, I stalked off to face HIM, the potentially most gorgeous guy ever.
© Copyright 2008 Casey Carlisle (xoxotaffyxoxo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510311-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-Melanie