*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506977-Demon-squad
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tenten
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1506977
A romance story with the Seven Deadly Sins and the Seven Heavenly Virtues
                                          Demon Squad


  The end of human civilization. Now the monsters rule and                                                        humans are just a story. Or is it?


“ Maro!!!!!!Nariko is bothering me again!!!!” Hatsuko looked up at Maro. She buried her face in her hands. “Please put me out of my misery now.” she mumbled. Her long hair fell onto the table. “Maro. Your hair's in my way?” Hatsuko teased. Maro stood up suddenly. “Nariko!!!” she yelled. Nariko, in all her blonde glory, ran in. “Yeah?” she asked. “Leave Ai alone.” Maro ordered. “But..” Nariko began. “I said leave her alone.” Maro snarled. Ai ran in.”Someones here to see you.” she chirped. Maro nodded. Hatsuko took his place beside Maro and Nariko ran to stand beside Ai. A man with a long, white beard entered the shadowy doorway. “Good afternoon Elder.” Ai and Nariko said. The man bowed. “Elder Goro. How are you?” Maro asked. Goro turned to Ai. “How are you doing?” he asked. Ai smiled. “Very well. Aneko-san keeps me safe!!” she answered. Goro looked puzzled. “Aneko-san?” he asked. Ai pointed to Maro. “It's nothing. You came here for a reason?” Maro said quickly. “Yes. Your absence has caused the council a lot of grief. We need you back.” Goro pleaded. Maro crossed her arms and turned to Ai. “Can you and Nariko leave? This is a private matter.” She turned to Hatsuko. “You too.” she ordered. Hatsuko bowed respectfully and left. “Elder Goro. Ai needs to go back to her time and be wiped out with her kind. If she's meant to live then she'll live through that.” Maro explained. “But why not turn her into one of your squad?” Goro inquired. “I've asked myself that a lot lately. Ai belongs with her kind. Not mine.” Maro answered. Goro let out a sad sigh as Maro sat in her chair. “Ai admires you. I'm sure she'd stay with you if you'd just ask her.” Goro protested. Maro spun around in her chair ,facing away from him. “Please leave Elder Goro. I'm tired.” she hissed. Goro turned at the door. “Think about it.” Then he left.
Hours later..
Hatsuko let himself into Maro's study. “Maro?” he questioned,leaning over her chair. She was asleep. Hatsuko smiled. “Maro. Time to wake up.” he cooed, touching her shoulder. In only seconds he found himself pinned to the table. Maro's arm was across his neck and her eyes were narrowed. “Sorry if I scared you.” Hatsuko said. Maro shook her head. “What have I said about sneaking up on me in my sleep?” she asked. Hatsuko smiled. “Not to. I'm sorry though.” he replied. Her eyes softened and she smiled a bit. “Are you going to hurt me?” Hatsuko asked. Maro shook her head again. “You know all too well I could never hurt you. Nariko maybe. You never.” she admitted. Hatsuko grinned. “This means I'm still your favorite.” Maro stood up. “Don't get me wrong. I don't choose favorites. I just need someone who can move easily through our realm without being noticed.” she said. Hatsuko's smile vanished. “Is that all I am?” he asked. Maro turned to face him. “It depends how long you stick around.” she whispered,leaving him in the dark room.
Ai ran to catch up with Maro. “Where are you going? Can I come?” she asked. Maro glanced down at her. Ai blinked completely clueless. Maro lurched forward, hissing. Ai stared at her dumbly. “Hmmm. That didn't even scare you.” Maro muttered. “Nope.” Ai chirped. Nariko ran around the corner. “Wherever you're going I'm coming.” she declared. “So am I.” Ai announced. Maro stared at them both. “Hatsuko. Let's go!!!” she yelled after minute. He appeared behind her. “Yes?” he asked. “You get to babysit these two. Like Elder Goro said, the council needs me.” she replied. “YAY!!!!!!” Ai and Nariko cheered. Hatsuko shook his head. “Remember Nariko. Stay really close to Ai.” he cautioned. “Yeah yeah. Now let's go.”
Nariko stared at Maro as the older girl sat at her place in the council. She turned to Ai. “One day that will be me.” she declared. Ai smiled and nodded. “No doubt.” she replied. Ai stared at Hatsuko. “One day I'll be like Hatsuko.” she murmured. Nariko shrugged. “Maybe.” was all she could think of to say.
Elder Goro glanced over at Maro. It was like she'd never been gone. A truly admirable woman. Hatsuko stood beside her,as was his place. Asa watched Maro carefully. But something was going on beneath his happy gaze. Something dark and evil. Maro glared at him out of the corner of her eye. Asa smiled at her evilly until Hatsuko stepped between them. “Thank you.” Maro whispered, rubbing her head. Meetings with no theme were a bore. And Asa's glares weren't helping. “I'm really glad you came here. The light is doing well for your complexion.” Hatsuko joked. Maro rested her head in her hands. The council's mixed energies were killing her. “Ai is waving.” Hatsuko whispered. Maro glanced over. Ai smiled and waved harder. “Tell me again why I tolerate those two.” she said as Nariko smacked Ai's hand down. Hatsuko smiled. “Because Nariko is a good person to have in a fight and Ai keeps her out of your hair.” he answered. Maro smiled. “You know me too well.” she whispered,leaning back in her chair. He smiled. “ But of course. We've been together for a long time.”
Maro stood up and headed down the nearby stairs. The others were gathered in a circle,talking. “Ready to go?” Maro asked Nariko and Ai. “Not really but let's go.” Nariko said. Maro narrowed her eyes. Ai smiled. “We can go home.” she said,trying to calm Maro down. Hatsuko sighed. “Come on.” he ordered. Maro turned to him. Every one of his vampire senses were alert. “So nice to see you again. Maro.” Maro turned. Asa was standing with his arm around Ai and a sly smile on his face. Ai pulled away quickly and ducked behind Maro. “Hello Asa.” Maro said, trying to hide the venom in her voice. “I thought you left the council.” Asa replied. “Sorry to disappoint.” Maro retorted. The two stood,glaring at each other. Both were through with pleasantries. Hatsuko could nearly fell the tension between the two old foes. Asa and Maro became blurs to his eyes. Instinctively he grabbed Ai and Nariko leapt out of the way. The other Elders, who knew to not interfere, watched. Maro was a master at speed and combat but Asa was trained in defense. Both were considered evenly matched. But Maro had something Asa didn't. She was the incarnate of one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Not only that but she was a Sin. Two Sins, that's what she was. Hatsuko watched Maro carefully. She wasn't even trying but Asa was already panting. Maro landed on both her feet, gracefully, but there was power in that move. She held out her hand and her fingernails shot forward, piercing through Asa's arms and legs. Not enough to kill him but very painful. Hatsuko flinched, as the memory of Maro's cruel sister flooded his . Maro had changed her name, never willing to accept her Sins. She kept it secret to everyone. Only Hatsuko knew. And that's how it would remain. Hatsuko led Ai and Nariko away,knowing Maro would follow and she did. Her natural instinct was to. Regardless if she was Leader or not. Following was all she knew and all she did.
End Chapter 1
© Copyright 2008 Tenten (kinara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506977-Demon-squad