*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503695-plans
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1503695
A short story version of a book I’m working on
It started out like any other Friday evening; the only strange thing was the next day was Halloween. My long black hair was pulled up into a pony tail and I was wearing my usual winter and fall attire, a hoodey with a band logo, dark blue jeans, and my favorite ratty old black and white Converse sneakers. My dark brown eyes were hidden behind thic k dark sun glasses, since I have an unusual sensitivity to any and all natural light. I was walking to my red Rousch Mustang after class when my cell phone rang. As soon as I answered it a familiar voice chimed through the ear piece, “Hey girl heading home?”
I recognized the voice at once. It was the voice of my best friend since kindergarten, “Hi Harley. “ I answered while sinking into the cars plush leather seats and cranking up my favorite Alternative Rock CD, “Kind of, I‘m staying at my dad‘s this weekend, or that’s what my grandparents will think if I come up with other plans.”
“That‘s a good thing right? “She questioned back.
“Well it depends on how you look at it. My dad and step-mom are pretty cool. You know that as much as I do. My mom and step-dad would let me do anything, even if it was illegal. My grandparents on the other hand, who I usually stay with that is like lock down, they don’t even like for me to stay up after they go to bed to do home work”
She just laughed at me and said” well so Noel do you have any plans this weekend”
Laughing a little myself I responded “Not really, try to sleep maybe have a few drinks.”
“Mind if I come over and hang with you this weekend?” Harley asked.
“Nope, come on over Harley and we‘ll wing the rest of the weekend.”
“Noel I gotta go, I have another call, I’ll be around between 5:30 and 6:00. Bye.”
“Ok. See you then Harley, bye.” I replied as I peeled out of the parking lot and accelerated as fast as the racing engine would allow me to and speed to my dad’s house to start my weekend.
As I reached the city limites of the small town my father and step-mother lived in I realized for the first time that it seemed like the new looking black Porsche behind me was following me. I reved the extremely high powered engine and dialed my dad up on my cell phone. He answered after two rings. Which seemed a little uncharacteristic of him, and his familiar rough voice came through the ear piece of the phone. “Hi, Noel”, the voice said.
“Dad, this may sound weired but I think the person in the car behind me is following me.”
“Well come on to the house L., I‘m here and if they follow you here I‘ll take care of them for you.”
“Sure thing dad, I‘ll see you in a few minutes”
“Bye L. see you in a few.”
“Bye” I answered and then flipped my phone shut. Just then one of my favorite songs began to blare from the speakers of my care.
I continued on my way and took the turn onto the last paved road so did the Porsche: Less than a mile later when I made the first turn off of the paved road the black Porsche that was following me went on past the dirt road; however, I could almost feel the eyes of the car’s driver on me as I continued on my way. A few minutes and two more turns and I was on the short muddy driveway that belonged to a reasonably sized white house, with dark blue window shutters, and a car port standing close to it. I pulled up beside the car port and parked the Mustang.
As I stepped out of my car a big black dog, running at full speed, barking furiously, and his tail wagging so quickly it was a blur. At the dog’s heel was a blond haired boy, running as fast as his long skinny legs could carry him. “Sissy,” the boy called as the dog leapt at me, trying to lick me any where he could, “Are you staying this weekend?”
“What’s up Brian?” I asked as I walked around to the trunk of my car.
“”not much, my girlfriend called and asked if I would like to go with her to something at her church. Are you staying this weekend?”
“I don‘t know, I might. It really depends on what me Harley and I decide when she comes later on today. So what time will Amber and her mom be here to pick you up or is your mom taking you to the church Amber goes to?” I asked my little brother as I grabbed my things.
“I’m leaving about 6:30. my mom‘s taking me to Amber‘s church. Why you want to know?” he said to me, and took off running to the houses white front door, as I slammed the trunk shut.
“Oh ok. I was just wondering.” I said to his back, and followed after him.
The rest of the day went by relatively uneventful until Harley arrived in her black Lincoln Navigator at 5:30, we heard her before we saw her. Harley arrived in true fashion, she had a fast paced Rock song turned up so loud that the heavily tinted window of the SUV was shaking in protest of the music’s bass, and it’s tires skidding over a yard after she slammed on breaks to turn into the muddy driveway. When the car came to a complete stop a pale skinny girl, her blacked tipped blond hair falling lose around her face, leaped out of the driver’s side and headed straight to the front door of the house, the edge of her overly long skirt held in one hand like a bride holding her train.
It did not take long after Harley arrived it didn’t take long for us to decide what our weekend plans would be. They decided they would be heading to the beach; they would be cruising the strip, in my car naturally, and hitting every club they could possibly get to in two days and nights and there would be no one to tell us what we could or could not do. We were going to have the time of our lives or that what our plans were when we left. How was I supposed to know that this trip would change my life forever?
Things started to go wrong the minute Harley and I checked in to our hotel, even though we did not know it at that time. We were standing into the lobby of our hotel when a leaflet caught my eye hanging on a near by bulletin board; it was a beautifully crafted, yet strange advertisement. The white paper boasted a picture of a pale man wearing black clothing that appeared to be Victorian. His long dark hair was pulled into a pony tail on the nape of his head, and in his arms was a blond haired woman, who looked like she had swooned. Under the picture was the words, in big crimson letters, come join us at The Fang. Grand Opening October 31.
I pointed this paper out to Harley and we heard a voice from behind us, it was the night manager “yeah this place is full of strange people this weekend”
I did not listen to what the old man was saying, I just looked at Harley and said “Girl check this out. Looks like there‘s a new night spot opening up tomorrow. Why don‘t we go check it out?”
Harley looked at the flyer then at me and laughed, “looks like it would be interesting, I‘ve heard the buzz about that place on Vampirefreaks.com, it‘s supposed to be a vampire themed club” with that she grabbed the keys to our room and headed to the elevator.
After a short walk we arrived at our room. It was a lovely little room that has more than we had asked for. It had three rooms, other than the setting/dinning room we were now standing in. Two of the rooms were bedrooms, decorated in a similar manner. They boasted thick plush white carpet covering their floors. The walls were covered in shimmering white wall paper. The beds were soft luxurious twin beds, covered in silk sheets and comforters. The other room that branched off of the room was the bathroom. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen, at the point. The floors and walls were white marble tile. The shower and bathtub was the same white marble as the walls and floor. The sink was made of the same material as the rest of the thing in the bathroom and shaped like a giant sea shell.
We decided that night we wouldn’t go to the clubs. Instead we would go out riding around the main strip, so we put our things away and headed back down to my car. After a few minutes I spotted a familiar car it was a black Porsche. At the sight of the familiar automobile I could not help but gasp out loud “Oh my gosh” I said.
Harley looked at me as if to say what’s ’your problem.
Staring at the car I said” I think that care over there is the same one that was on my tail earlier today. You remember me telling you about it before we left?”
She shook her head in disbelief and asked “How on earth can you be sure it‘s the same car? Do you know how many black cars that company makes in a year‘s time?”
I just laughed at her questions and then answered “Yeah, but I wonder how many of them looks like they bought Auto Zone out of window tinting to do their car‘s windows?” So instead of chancing another incident like earlier in the day we decided to return to our room early.
We reached our room with out any incident; we had just started the TV and turned it to Sci-fi channel when there is a knock on the door. Harley went to open the door and at the door was the night manager of our hotel. He was almost as tall as the door. His white, closely cut, hair was partly hidden under a trucker’s cap. He wore a casual dress shirt navy dress pants and white slip-on shoes. I could hear Harley and the manager talking at the door. “Miss.” he said” This was left at the front desk for you and your friend”
I heard Harley say “Thanks Sir.” and the door closed as she returned to where I was setting. In her hands were two black envelope closed with a silver seal.
Harley handed me one of the strange little packages. Keeping one she sat down in a chair and ripped her envelope open. I followed her lead and inside was a piece of white paper with decorative black letters. Before I could read the first line Harley asked me excitedly “Have you read this?!?!” she stood up and walked closer to me.
“Do you know what this means?!?!” She pressed while shaking the paper in my face.
I could not help smarting back at her” Let me think for a minute… No because you didn‘t give me time to read it”
She smirked at me and exclaimed “these are invitations to the grand opening of The Fang! Meaning we can skip the line and on top of that every thing is free tomorrow!”

“Why did we get these? How were we selected to get these? There is some thing about this, it just doesn‘t set right with me.” I questioned.
Harley laughed and said “Don‘t know. Don‘t care. All I know is my mom always said never look a gift horse in the mouth and honey this is a gift horse if I‘ve ever seen one. All we really need to worry about is what we will wear tomorrow. I think we need to head to the mall in the morning.”
“We‘ll go tomorrow to the mall and tomorrow night we’ll go to the new club but something seems off about it”
The night passed, the morning came, and since there was shopping Harley was the first one up. Before most people would have been up to go shopping she was at my room’s door knocking, with all her might “Get your but out of bed we need to start getting ready if we want to be back in time to get dressed to go to the club.”
Crawling out of bed I sighed and yelled “Go away the darn stores ain’t even open yet.” at the door
Harley laughed and replied “O.k. lazy five more minutes and I’m going to go in there and pull you out of bed. By the way you just sounded like a redneck” she laughed again “…darn stores ain’t even open yet.” she mocked changing her voice to have an exaggerated southern accent.
Instead of facing any more of Harley’s harassment I got up and quickly dressed in a pair of jeans band tee, a pair of black boots that looked like combat boots and pulled my hair into its usual pony tail. By the time I finished dressing Harley was frantic at my door, because all the time I was dressing I had been ignoring her mocking and yelling for me to get up. When my room door opened Harley’s hand was raised and about to come down on the door. Harley’s hand came down stopping only inches from my face and her eyes became as big as borders. I laugh at her expression and said “what? What is it? You looked like you‘ve seen a ghost.”
She just turned her back on me and said “dummy, I could have broke you nose or gave you a black eye. Now how would you‘ve looked tonight?”
At that she went to finish getting ready. A few minutes later she walked back into the sitting room were I was. She was dressed in a long sleeves crimson shirt, tight black jeans, knee high stiletto boots, and Her hair was pulled into a half pony tail.
“Ok, ready?” she asked. Grabbing a long black trench coat off of a coat rack that was near her.
I shook my head “Sure.” I sighed and followed Harley out the door.
It wasn’t too long before we were at the mall. We walked in store after store. To tell the truth we walked in many stores after a while they started running together and in but thankfully we both eventually found outfits we liked and returned to the hotel room to begin to get ready for that night.
Nothing really happened while we were getting ready, up to when we were getting ready. I was the first one of us ready, as usual. Harley had helped me French braid my hair and I was wearing a long sleeved dark purple dress and knee length boots. Harley, on the other hand, was dressed like she was going to a costume party as a version of Elvira or Morticia. At the mall she had bought a black wig, which she now wore to hide her real hair. Her dress was a firm fitting, black number that belled out at her knees. Her shoes were basic black heels. Nothing out of the ordinary right? Well something we did not expect happens. We were about to walk out the door of our room when the phone rang. I walked over and picked it up. It was the manager on the end of the line. “Miss your limo is waiting for you at the front door.” he informed me.
“I‘m sorry sir. They must have the wrong hotel, or at least people.” I told him.
“No, no mistake according to the driver the limo ride to and from the club tonight is part of the invitations.”
“Thank you sir we’ll be right down. Good bye.” I replied and hung up the phone.
Harley looked at me for a moment and asked “Who was it and what do they want?”
“It was the manager. Apparently a ride to the club was also included in the invites.” I answered
Harley laughed and said “Good now we don‘t have to worry about calling a cab when we get ready to leave.” as we walked out our awaiting limo.
The care was not like a normal stretch limo, it was one of those stretch black Hummers, every thing on it was black or as some would call it blacked out. The interior was black leather. The rims were customized black 24 inch spinners. The hummer’s windows were tented so dark that unless you knew someone was in the vehicle you would not be able to tell. Tell the truth it looked like something that should be in a car show not picking me and a friend up for a night out; however, other than our strange ride nothing happened on the way to The Fang.
When we arrived we were shown to the front of the line of people. The bouncer looked at our invitations and gave us both a card telling us both “If you ladies need any thing just give this to who ever waits on you and it‘s on the house” and let us in.
As soon as we walked in we were greeted by a wall of music. People were dancing, and the strobe lights were flashing in time. If they were not dancing they were setting around tables or walking around yelling to each other over the music.
Harley and I decided to find a table near the back. I decided to set alone for a while; however Harley being one that liked to dance headed to the dance floor and I was left alone with my thoughts. Me being alone was short lived though when a man with jet black hair and blue eyes approached my table. He wore tight blue jeans converse sneakers and a band tee. He was followed by a guy with long blond hair. As they aproched I found it was almost impossible to look away from them. Pulling a chair beside me out from under the table the black haired one said “Good evening, my name is Drake and the is my friend Devlin. May we join you?”
Unable to respond for a moment I just nodded in response. After regaining my composure I answered Drake’s question “Sure your welcome to join me.” about then Harley appeared next to me “By the way my name is Noel and this is Harley. Harley this is…” I was cut off by Devlin.
“My name is Devlin and this is Drake.” Devlin said.
“Noel may I buy you a drink?” asked Drake.
“Sure, what ever” I shrugged and with that both Drake and Devlin disappeared in to the crowd of people. A few short minutes later they reappeared carrying a drink each. Drake handed me a strawberry Daiquiri and sit down beside me. The time passed with small talk and idle chitchat. Half way through my second drink I started feeling sleepy so told Harley and our two new friends, “I‘m sorry but I think I‘m going to have to call a cab and call it a night.”
At that Drake stood up to help me to my feet “May I help you home?” he asked.
“No but thank you.” I answered and headed to the door. The last thing I remember was getting in the cab. The next thing I know I was in a strange room.
The walls were old stone painted light Purple in color. The floor was old wood planks with oriental rugs scattered about the room. To the left of me there were two white Doors and in front of me there was a third white door. I rose to my feet and crossed the room to the door in front of me, which turned out to be locked from the out side. The second door I went to turned out to be a giant walk in closet full of clothing, accessories, mirrors, and a huge black marble vanity. The final doors lead to a bathroom, with Black marble tiled floors and counter. The tub was an old fashioned lion’s foot tub. The sink that stood near the door looked like a black marble bowl with a hole for the water to drain out and two taps for hot and cold water to come out of. After exploring the rooms I returned to the canopy bed, which had a purple canopy and comforter to match the walls, and set there until all of a sudden the locked door opened and in walked Drake. At this point I lost all composure and trembled in fear when I blurted out “How on earth did I get here”
Drake just smiled and answered “When you blacked out I got in the cab with you and told the driver to bring you here to my place, I didn‘t want you to be put out at just any place.”
Before I could answer Drake was behind me, his arms snaked around my waist. “Hold up.” I shouted while I tried to pull my self away but his grip on me was too strong for me to break.

Drake just laughed at my feeble attempts to free myself and asked me “Do you know how long I have been watching you; every night watching, and waiting for a chance to take you and make you mine”
I shuttered slightly, from both his icy touch and the revelation that he had been watching me for God only knows how long. “What?” was all I managed to say?
He laughed again “I have been watching you for months, biding my time. You actually caught me following you the other day but it does not matter now my patience has paid off and by tomorrow night you will be one of us.” at these words Drake bit into my neck. After a few minutes my whole world went black and I knew nothing but some where deep inside me I knew this was the beginning of a new life in a new world for me.
© Copyright 2008 Tiffany S. (tortued_soul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503695-plans