*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493201-You-call-me-crazy-but-what-about-you
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1493201
A young man's wife is taken away from him, and he is torn apart.
They replaced you with a mannequin and I screamed bloody murder...

I don't think I really put a thought on what I did. Or rather, it was like I didn't have much of a choice on it. I was told that once they take you away, everything will be ok. I didn't believe a single word. I didn't believe anything they told me. I knew that what they were saying was all a lie. If it were true, why are they taking you away from me? Why are they locking you into some cell, where I can no longer see you again, hold you again, whisper loving words in your ear?

They replaced you. But even that isn't true. They can't replace you. No matter how hard they will try, they can never replace you. I knew from the bottom of my heart that I just had to go and save you. Save you from everything they planned to do, everything they thought of ever doing. None of this is for me.


~~~~~

I am in a room, a rather spacious room, with a grand piano in the middle of it. A single, relatively wide window, let in a dim light. The light hit upon the piano, as though it was meant to do so. Portraits of a man and woman together were strewn about the walls of the room. Two or three of them showed them both together in a painting; one wall had these portraits. The rest had several portraits of each of them, one wall was adorned with images of the man, while another was covered with the woman's image. The woman looked familiar, so very familiar. I felt as though I've seen her before. Where? I looked closely at her face, and then looked at the entirety of her person, and it hit upon me that she -

A piano was playing softly. I swiftly turned around, but there was no one at the piano. The piano, however, was open. The notes didn't look like they were being pressed, yet sound came from it. I looked into the piano. There was no radio, no music player. It was playing, yet it was not. Strange...

It was then I noticed the door. The door looked worn, and maybe a little drab. In fact, after looking at it for a little while longer, I noticed that it didn't fit at all with the room. The door had a small window. There might be something on the other side. Isn't that what doors were for? To be a portal to the other side?

I stepped forward, trying to look into the door's window. It was blurred. I banged at it. I tried to open it. It was locked.

"Let me out! Let me out I tell you!" I looked around me. The woman's face haunted me. Who was she?!

A silence took me. Realization shocks and deadens a person's body far better than any other form of attack. It was her. My love...

"Emilia!!! Emilia!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, banging at the door...

A shadow showed upon the door's window. It was the dim shadow of a woman. Emilia.

"Emilia.... Emilia please... " I cried softly. I could hear her sobbing too. It was too much for me, I had to get out. I must get out!

The muffled noise of her voice came.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry Emil. This is the best I can do for you. You - you're sick. You needed help. I called them. They took you away. I know this pains you -" her sobbing interrupted her.

I was stunned.... They didn't take you away? But...

"Emil... You have to listen to me. Don't listen to any of them inside that room. Don't - for my sake. You might never recover if you do..."

Silence...










Who have I been fighting with all along?

Didn't you realize this by now? They are me. And I am you...
© Copyright 2008 Mr. Strange (shiro_kuro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1493201-You-call-me-crazy-but-what-about-you