*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1481584-Monday-Mornings
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1481584
Reflections on entering the world again after a weekend of me time.
Monday Mornings.........

It becomes increasingly harder to jump into Monday mornings after a weekend of reflection on who I am. I am definetly not the person I am Monday through Friday and I wonder "How did I end up in this position". Thinking that a undergraduate degree and some professional training would hoist me to bigger and better things, only leads me to another level of discontent. Now What?????? More education, more training, more letters behind my name, more experience to promote. Geeeezzzz, this is not what I thought my grown up life would be like.

I long to to sit back and watch most of the world scatter off to their "places" on Monday mornings while I wait for the moment of silence when they all settle into their jobs and it gets quiter. Nothing but the birds, the wind, lazy cats and an occasional "whoosh" of a car on the highway.
Last week, I took a Tuesday off work to just runaway. I took a blanket, a journal and music outside and laid under my oak and magnolia trees with the cats and the sounds of what truly is. It was awesome.

Today is Monday. Time to get dressed in approved attire and report to my place of employment. I must prepare for this day........remove "yourself" from your mind. You belong to a bigger entity for the next five days.

See you on Friday afternoon Kim!!!!!
© Copyright 2008 Kymberlee (pattykym at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1481584-Monday-Mornings