*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469819-The-House
by arko
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1469819
Hey I'm a 13 year old writer just starting out... please do Rate Comment. 2ND PART COMING
    My plan was to meet some friends and explore an old house said to be haunted. When I got there, they were all waiting in the street on their dirt bikes.
    I said, "Why haven't ya'll started exploring?".
    My best friend Tim said, “We heard a gun shot come from the inside of the house!”
    I said, “Okay.” and moved on.
    The first thing I noticed was seven dead, charcoal trees, with no leaves on them.
    I was quite scared to go in, but all my friends were screaming my name so I had to go in.
    As I started to walk up the sidewalk, I noticed the path's cement wasn't even gray anymore.  It was all black and dirty.
    When I reached the porch, I could see it was rotten and eaten by termites. As I put a foot on the porch, the wood broke as I screamed. I quickly pulled my foot out. I heard roaring laughter from my friends. I looked down the hole previously made by my foot and saw lots of spiders starting to flee because of the sudden light. I wanted to run but all my friends would make fun of me if I went back. So I continued, watching all my steps carefully.
    As I reached the door, I wrapped a hand around the flashlight in my back pocket and opened the door. I heard frantic foot steps outside the door then a "clicking" sound from the lock. I had to find a different exit but I didn't see one. As I was scanning the room, I noticed the back door about thirty feet away. I started towards the door when my foot hit the carpet and I fell right through the floor! It was only about seven feet down but it still hurt.
    I tried to get up, but I couldn't stand because of the pain rushing through my body. I couldn't see anything because it was pitch black and I had dropped the flashlight on impact. I scrambled to find it, then suddenly I felt it with my fingertips to the left. I quickly took hold of it and turned it on.
    Looking at the wall, I saw lots of shotguns, colorful jester masks, silver revolvers, black trench coats and all sorts of disguises. I stumbled over to grab one of the shiny silver revolvers. I could feel my flesh melting as I grabbed a revolver which turned out to be burning hot. It hurt worse than touching your hand to a stove, but now was not the time for tears. I decided to grab the one to the left of it. I finally stopped feeling the pain from the fall so I walked to the other side of the room to grab some bullets when I noticed one missing from the box. Then I remembered what my friends had told me...
© Copyright 2008 arko (arkoma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469819-The-House