*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452941-Brads-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by bren
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1452941
The other side of Krista's Story
My name is Brad - I have a story that I fell needs to be told - not just to you but to Krista a woman I love very much.

Krista and I seemed to have the perfect relationship, things were great for us. I really messed things up.

See, I started to hang out with some guys that snorted coke, you know cocaine.

When I first tried it - it was like falling in love - I felt great! I used coke every weekend for about a month, then I found myself wanting more and more. So I did it more often and before long it was the first thing I did every morning.

Krista tried to get me to quit. She only made me angry, I knew I could handle the coke.

I lost my job because my boss caught me cutting a line in the bathroom. Krista tried to tell me I had a problem, I didn't listen. I couldn't find work so I sold coke and crack and I always had as much as I wanted.

Krista again tried to help me, I got mad and hit her a few times. She told me goodbye, but I didn't care as long as I had my coke I was happy.

One night at a party I was snorting coke and my mouth felt real dry so I started drinking whisky. Before long my chest began to hurt. I had a hard time breathing, I was scared.

The next morning I looked into the mirror, my face was red and broke out with pimples. I noticed that I seemed to always have runny nose and that it bled a lot too. It also hurt to breathe in cool air through my nose.

I decided that only Krista could help me, I went to see her. We talked for hours. I told her that I loved her, she said she loved me but wouldn't have anything to do with me if I continued to use coke. Again I got mad and left. I didn't care if I ever saw her again! That was then, I wish I could change it now.

I went to a friend's house, we did quite a few lines and drank, I wanted to escape reality.

Then it happened, I felt sick to my stomach, I thought it was the alcohol, I started vomiting, then decided to go home where I did another line. Then the headache, it felt like my head was being ripped apart. I had a hard time breathing and my heart felt like it would jump out of my chest. The last thing I remember is the horrible pain! It felt like someone was jabbing a knife in my chest. I tried to scream for help, but couldn't.

I'll never see Krista again, even though she'll get to see me one last time......
© Copyright 2008 bren (b_witch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452941-Brads-Story