*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452936-The-Frightening-Fall-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by bren
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1452936
yet another goofy telling of a hum drum experience
It was a warm, sunny fall afternoon and Cody and I had just returned from a shopping trip. (OK we went to buy a few groceries) We were walking to the house, laden with several shopping bags. (OK I was carrying two and Cody zero...go figure!)

SUDDENLY......

The sky suddenly darkened! (alright...a cloud passed over), and we heard a loud ear piercing sound that nearly broke our eardrums! (yeah yeah there was no sound but it makes the story better)

The deafening sound scared Cody so much he jumped at least 5 feet into the air! (OK...maybe 5 centimeters) Cody's foot came down on the tail of the biggest, meanest, slimy-est black and purple snake the whole world has ever seen! (alright - he ALMOST stepped on a small black snake - how boring!)

THEN IT HAPPENED!!

The sneering, slimy serpent raised it's gruesome triangle shaped head right up to my precious son's face! (OK the snake couldn't reach that high, but Cody is precious)

The slithering serpent bared two fangs the size of samuri swords at my darling son. (yeah yeah, the snake was too small to even see it's fangs)

Being the brave person that I am (proven in the vast jungle and the perilous walk) I dropped my shopping bags and raced over to the snappish serpent and grabbed that hideous creature by the end of it's scaly tail (I really did that!!) and tried to pull that foul scoundrel away from my darling baby! (OK Cody isn't a baby anymore he's 3 years old).

THEN......

The slithering scary monster turned it's huge sword-like fangs toward me! (OK OK the poor little snake tried to get away) Fearing I was about to do battle with this vile creature - I was trying to quickly size up the situation and devise a plan of attack (alright - so I was dumbstruck!)

AND THEN........

To my horror, shock, surprise and disbelief....
brave little Cody (like mother like son I always say!) kicked that vile horrid serpent right in the belly! (does a snake even have a belly?) The spiteful, slithering creature began hissing and bellowing and had smoke wisping up from its scaly body as it quickly vanished into thin air! (OK it disappeared quietly under the house)

FINALLY....

Cody and I were able to make it to the safety of our home. After the adrenalin and the excitement wore off there was time to reflect on the bravery Cody showed while trying to protect his Mama (or himself??) It was then that we began to wonder...what happened to that vile, spiteful, serpent - was it really gone? - or somewhere in the basement?!

THE END.........oh wait......

This is a true story, Cody really did almost step on a small black snake - I really did grab it by it's tail and it really did escape under the house. So far we haven't had to do "battle" with it in the basement....but that would make another cool story!!

THE END (for real)

© Copyright 2008 bren (b_witch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452936-The-Frightening-Fall-Day