*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452935-The-Perilous-Walk
by bren
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1452935
another goofy telling of a hum drum experience, written for my son Cody
Deb, Cody, Kayla and I decided it was a perfect evening for a relaxing stroll through the beautiful town of Tecumseh (beauty IS in the eyes of the beholder).

I strapped Cody into his stroller and we were off to enjoy the evening!

Deb was pushing the stroller (naturally - it's easier to push on pavement than it was in the vast dark jungle - where I did most of the work) and Kayla and I were walking beside them. We had just walked a couple of blocks, enjoying the beautiful scenery (ha ha) and having an interesting conversation (?) ....

THEN IT HAPPENED!!.......

From out of nowhere this huge, hairy monster with three eyes came charging at us! (alright - it was a small dog with only 2 eyes) The creature opened it's enormous mouth, exposing two rows of yellow fangs, the size of pitch forks! (OK...only 2 fangs about 1/4 inch - But they WERE yellow!) And let out a thunderous noise that shook the ground! (actually it was just a bark, but Kayla's knees shook!) And before we could even comprehend what this hideous creature intended to do to us......

Another earth shattering sound vibrated through the still evening air...(Cody was giggling)

Standing just feet behind the huge hairy monster was the biggest, tallest, huge-est, human-type being any of us had ever seen! (OK it was a little old lady!)

This enormous being was commanding her guard creature to attack and destroy! (OK she was calling the dog back to her).

Being the brave person that I am (proven in the vast dark jungle) I decided to protect my comrads any way possible! Hoping to call the huge hairy creatures bluff I held my arms up and charged toward the monsterous three-eyed demon....

All of a sudden......

I hear Deb screaming in sheer panic "Get - get!" (yeah yeah she yelled a little) as the huge hairy creature was charging towards her and Cody and Kayla!

Then.....

To my horror and Kayla's disbelief....

Deb is using the stroller - holding baby Cody - to block the creatures attack on her! (1/2 true)

Thinking quickly under pressure (another quality I posses) I moved faster than a tornado (or...was that a turtle?) I charged towards the huge hairy monster getting it's attention turned to me just moments before it's enormous yellow fangs chomped the stroller....Thus saving baby Cody's life! (well Cody was never in any danger, the stroller wheels were bigger than the dog!).

My brave deed surprised the huge hairy monster so much - it just dropped dead in it's tracks! ( OK ok it returned to it's master) and the huge hairy monster's commander retreated to the safety of it's cave. (alright, they both went into a normal house...boring)

A sobbing Deb (actually she was laughing) apologized profusely for putting poor Cody in danger, to save her own life (she didn't apologize, Cody wasn't in danger...he liked the puppy!)

Being the true heroine that I am (I have a bridge for sale) I felt no ill feelings towards Deb for what she had done. I gave my dear friend a hug and assured her we were safe from harm. I kissed baby Cody on the forehead and gathered young Kayla in my arms and calmed the poor shaking girl down.

We all took a deep breath and put our near death experience behind us. (stretching)

We continued our peaceful (?) walk through the beautiful (are you blind!) streets of Tecumseh on our way home.

Once home we shared our adventure over iced tea to anyone who would listen! (very true).

THE END..........OH WAIT!

The little old lady and dog are fine and happy living in a normal house. The fortunate foursome still go on walks in the evening...we just take a different route now!

This really is a true story....
This little dog really came running at us, Deb really did use the stroller to ward off the dog and I really did "charge" at the dog.
The dog obviously wasn't dangerous....but that would have been a BORING story!

THE END......(for real)



© Copyright 2008 bren (b_witch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452935-The-Perilous-Walk