*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452172-SusanCaspian
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1452172
Susan and Caspian love.
      Susan lay wide awake in her room staring up at her ceiling. She looked over at her alarm clock to find it read 2:44. She let out a sigh of frustration she had been at this for hours now. Tossing and turning trying to rid her thoughts of him. The kiss had killed them both. She could just feel it. Susan resumed looking at her original spot on the ceiling as the scene replayed in her head.
        <i>"I'm glad I came back." Susan told Caspian. Caspian looked at her thoughtfully and responded, "I wish we had more time together." This comment made Susan smile,"We would never have worked anyway." "Why not?" Caspian inquired, confused. Susan let out a small laugh,"I am 1300 years older than you." It brought a smile to Caspian's sad face.</i>
      That smile just made Susan melt. She hated to curse Aslan, but she couldn't help herself. "Why, oh why Aslan?! Why did you make me leave that place?" Susan sat up and put her head in her hands. She just wanted to scream. She had hated where she was and wanted to go back to Narnia. All of a sudden, Susan swore she heard a low purr...or was it growl. This brought her thoughts back to Aslan. She became even more angry as hot tears rolled down her face. "Aslan! Please take me back to Narnia!" She knew her calling out to the ceiling would bring her nothing, but it did make her feel better. Susan turned back to her bed and stuffed her head into her pillow.
      "Susan?" Susan sucked up her breath as she looked at her door to find Peter standing there. She wiped her eyes and replied, "What do you want, Pete?" He gave her a complicated smile. "I heard you in the other room. It's Caspian again, isn't it?" Susan couldn't help but nod her head yes. "I am in love with him, Peter," she said in a raspy voice. Pete walked over to her bed and sat next to her, "We know, Su. You have to trust Aslan, though. He knows what he is doing." She slammed her fists into the bed, "How can he know what he is doing? He seperated me and Caspian!" "You are right. It is still beyond me why he did that, but he did. You are going to have to accept that soon, too," Peter said while wiping the tears off her cheeks with his thumb. She sat up once more, "It just isn't right!" He gave her a hug as she cried on his shoulder.

*************************************Chapter 3*************************************************

Susan had finally fallen asleep and Peter went back to his own room. All of a sudden, she felt a pull and stirred awake. By then, though, it was too late. It felt like the bed has just disappeared out from under her and she landed facedown on something rough. Susan stood up to find herself in a field of tall grass.

<i>'It couldn't be..'</i> Susan thought to herself.

But she knew she was in Narnia. Soon a wide grin spread across her face as she thought of Caspian. She looked around and saw the beach about a mile away and immediatly started to head the opposite direction towards the castle. She knew she had a long journey ahead of her and didnt know how she could make it, but she knew she had too.

The sun was now starting to set by the time the castle had finally came into view. But Susan had to rest, she couldn't go any farther. Susan found some nearby trees and laid under the shade. Sooner than she knew, though, she fell into a deep sleep. She didn't wake until the sun was just starting to peak over the horizon.

Susan mumbled to herself, "Oh shoot."

She slept longer than she wanted to and immediatly started to walk briskly to the castle. Her legs ached from the previous day's journey, but Susan knew it would all be worth it.

Her majesty was walking in the tall meadow when she thought she heard hoofs beating behind her. She heard them coming closer and turned around just in time to leap out of the way.

"Whoa Chrysalis!" Susan heard with her face on in ground.

She groaned and rolled over to find an attractive, well-toned man with brown hair just barely carressing the back of his neck.

"Caspian..." Susan breathed as a smile spread across her face.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
The morning sun shone brightly through the window awakened Susan. She rolled over to find Caspian right there next to her. A smile lit up her face. His brown locks fixed perfectly around his fair skinned face. Susan moved her arm to awake him, but took it back.
<i>He needs rest...</i>, she thought to herself.
She quietly got up out of bed and walked over to the mirror. Susan laughed when she saw a mess of her hair. She brushed through it a few times. When it finally looked under control, she headed towards the door and grabbed her lilac robe on the way out. She didn't know the exact time, but from the sun, it looked just around 7 or 8. Susan wrapped the robe around her and headed towards the kitchen.
As soon as she was a few yards away from the door, she could already smell the sweet aromas of homemade waffles and bacon. She pulled open the wooden doors and greeted the cooks.
"Good morning, boys! It smells wonderful in here."
The cooks were all taken by surprise with her sudden entrance.
Mumbles came out in confusion which made out to be, "Oh! Good morning, your majesty!"
She smiled at their response as she took an apple from a nearby basket overfilled with fruit and walked out. Susan went into the dining hall. A long wooden table was in the middle aligned with wooden chairs all around it. She took a seat in the closest one and started to take small bites of her apple. Her majesty thought of what her plans were for the day when two hands wrapped around her eyes.
"Guess who!" a familiar male masculine voice asked.
"Hmmm...I wonder," she pulled his hands from her face and turned around with a smile.
"Good morning, how long have you been up?" Caspian said.
"Half hour." Susan answered.
"Oh ok." Caspian placed a hand on her face and leaned in.
She met him halfway for a morning kiss. He leaned her gently against the table as their tongues started to slip in one another's mouths. Susan wrapped her arms around his neck as they pulled apart with a smile.
"Ehemm, your majesty," an interruptor beckoned.
They both turned to look at the doorway to find a guard. Susan became red in the face.
"King Caspian, someone is here to see you."
"Yes, thank you, Charles"
The guard nodded his head in acceptance.
"I'm sorry." Caspian gave Susan a small kiss.
"Its understandable."
"I love you, Susan."
"I love you too." She said flashing him a small smile.
With that, he left out the door.
Susan walked followed him out, but turned the opposite way. She walked down the magnificent hall full of stained glass windows looking over the beach. She stopped and looked out at the waves lapping at the shore.
"Susan, there you are!" She turned to find her brother Edmund.
"Hey Ed. What are you doing?"
"Looking for you." He replied in a skeptic tone. "Peter needs to see you."
"Is everything ok?"
"I don't know."
Susan rushed towards her brother's room. She knocked and entered.
"Peter, what's up?"
He looked up at her with concerned eyes. "We need to leave."
"Here? Why?!"
"It's Mum. She's terribly sick. Aslan told me this morning. I don't want to worry Edmund or Lu. Just you and me should go back. We can come back Su."
"No! You don't know that. We could never be here again if we leave!" Susan retorted.
"Please Susan..."
She sucked in a sharp breath, but let it go easily with a worried face.
"Ok. Let's find Aslan."
"I'm right here your majesty." Susan turned around to find the majestic golden lion in front of her. "And I promise I'll bring you back."
"Can I at least say goodbye to Caspian?"
The great lion shook his head no. "There is no time."
That was the last thing she saw before she landed next to Peter in front of their familiar house in England.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Susan walked down the long, stone corridor of the Telmarine castle. The moon shone through the long glass windows from the clear sky. The war was won and over with, but feelings of loss and despair were still there. She let out of a sigh of pain when she flashbacked to the lives and blood shed during the battle. She cringed at the sight.
"Its ok."
The gentle queen turned around to find Caspian waiting behind her. His brown locks a bit askewed, but he still looked as handsome as ever. A crooked smile hit her face, but faded instantly.
"How can it be ok? Those lives..." she looked down and whispered,"...they're gone."
"They died for freedom...for peace," he looked around as if searching for words, but turned his gaze back towards her, " for unity."
She gave a single nod as if in agreement. Tears brimmed her eyes, but she blinked them back. Caspian took  few steps toward her and wrapped his arms around her. Susan, then, let go of it. Tears flooded down her cheeks staining Caspian's light blue shirt. He squeezed her tighter and kissed the top of her head. The smell of a floral scent escaped from him. Susan knew he had been out in the gardens.
"It's over now. You need to move on. Those Narnians wouldn't like to see their gentle majesty like this would they?"
He asked as she leaned up to look up at him. He took his thumb and stroked her tears away. She gave a small chuckle and shook her head no. He smiled down at her,
"That's what I thought."
Susan's finger traced the stains down his shirt, and shifted her gaze up towards him only to meet his deep set eyes looking back at her. They both looked at one another in silence, but it wasn't a silence where they felt obligated to say something. Caspian removed one of his hands from her waist and placed it at the nape of her neck. He started to lean in, when a stifled cough interrupted the couple. They both look towards the sound to find the Professor.
"Sorry to interrupt your highnesses...King Caspian, you're needed."
Both Susan and Caspian looked at one another in a shocked glance and immediatly took their hands off of each other. Caspian mouthed the word 'later' to Susan before he turned to face his old teacher. Susan took off running down the hall.
"Yes Professor?"
Susan collapsed in her bed and tried to get her mind straight.
'<i>What was I thinking? I can't go fooling around with Caspian like that. It's not...it's not responsible. It's just not right!</i>'
Susan rolled over with a grunt of frustration. She stared at the striped golden wall for as long as her eyes could handle. She turned back over and glared at the ceiling. Her majesty heard a creak from the door and a stream of a pale light cast in her room.
"Queen Susan? Are you in here?"
Susan sat up and not to her surprise found Caspian standing in the doorway.
her "Yes. I'm in bed. You should be too."
The Queen heard a chuckle as he closed the door and walked over to her cast-iron bed. He sat at the foot of it.
She hugged her knees to her chest.
"This isn't right...it's not responsible, Caspian."
He moved closer to her and stroked the side of her face with his big, soft hands.
"I am sorry my Queen. Our feelings got the best of us thats all. It won't happen again."
Susan kept her warm, blue eyes locked beside her on the bed. Caspian tilted her chin up.
"Can I do just one thing, though?" he asked her.
Susan gave him a small nod. He took his hand from her chin placed it behind her neck. She knew what he was doing, but didn't object. Caspian leaned in with Susan meeting him halfway. Their lips met with pure lust. He leaned her back on her bed as his hands traced every curve of her body. But all too soon, she pushed him off of him. The King and Queen both sat up. Caspian looked hurt.
"I'm sorry. I didn't want to get out of hand."
Caspian gave a small laugh. His brown lockes jostled around his face.
"Yes. I'll be going now."
Caspian rose from the bed walked towards the door.
"Goodnight my queen."
"Goodnight Caspian."
Susan smiled as he shut the door. She flapped back down on the bed with a huge smile on her face.

********************************************************************************************************************************

"We're done?" the words stumbled out of Susan's mouth as Caspian turned his back on her.
He looked over her shoulder, "We are through, my Queen."
No matter how kind he sounded, Susan's heart ripped to pieces. She immediatly collapsed to the floor her velvet, shimmery, blue dress swirled around her. Her hands seemed to automatically lift to her face to cradle her soft, wet face.
<i>Caspian...gone? Is there someone else?</i>
She pulled her knees up to her heaving chest and rested her chin on them. Her fingers trembled as she stroked away drowning tears.
"Susan?" the door creaked open as Susan's small sister came in. Her hair plaited in a fine fashion and her green dress, similar to Susan's, framed for her perfectly, she bent down beside Susan.
"What's wrong?"
Lucy hated seeing her sister is this way. Susan would be the one to always hide her feelings and when she cried, this meant something was tragically wrong.
"It's Caspian..." her lips shoke as she spoke. "We're done."
Her puffy, red eyes looked to Lucy as tears shimmered down her rose tinted cheeks. Lucy took her thumb and rubbed them away. Lucy gave her an apathetic smile.
"You were too old for him anyway."
This made a small chuckle come from her trembling mouth.
Lucy bit her lower lip and said, "I'll be back."
She swiftly jumped up and gracefully walked out the door. Susan's tears had now receded, but her breath still hadn't caught up to her yet. She chewed on her lower lip and put her forehead on her knees. A familiar brotherly embrace made her life her head up
<i>Peter...</i>
He took a seat next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder.
"Why?" she asked pointlessly.
He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer.
"I'm sorry Su"

© Copyright 2008 Shan_Watts05 (hpchikax4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452172-SusanCaspian