*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451482-Fishermans-Daughter
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1451482
Fantasy fiction about a young girl learning about herself and powers bigger than life.
Fishermans' Daughter



Prelude


She walked through the mist and fog, her golden hair flowing behind her. She just kept on walking never looking back to the place she once called home. Vaila, was a small human fishing village built on the Nadan Sea. She, however, was not human; she was one of the magical Elasians.

She continued to walk through the maze of castle walls that told the hidden story of a war long forgotten. She turned suddenly when she heard the beat of hooves behind her.

"Illani! Wait!"
"What?" She asked with a hint of coldness in her voice. "What do you want from me?"
"I just want you to stay here with me, with the child." Illani could hear the desperation in his voice as he spoke. He was one of the Warrior Men bound to Hope Monastery. He was still very young though he looked to be about thirty years.
"I have made my decision."
"And what is that, to just throw everything away? Just come back, if not for me than for her." As he said that they both looked down at the sleeping bundle he held in his hands.
"No." She turned, and left for good.
He watched her as she walked, then looked at the baby girl, whom he would name, Liana. For love.



Chapter One


"Liana, wake up!"
"What?" I said wearily.
"What? It's your birthday! C'mon I'll meet you in the kitchen."
It was finally my sixteenth birthday and my father, Geoff, was more excited than I was. It was around nine in the morning by the time I made my way to the kitchen. Our house was just another house in the fishing village. Nothing extraordinary. There were two stories and a basement, mainly used for food storage. On the first floor lay the kitchen, dining, and bathing rooms. On the second story are two small bedrooms.
"It's about time you came down here. Oh well to that," he said waving his arms as if there were a fly in front of him, "come here I want to show you something."
I walked behind him to the other side of the kitchen and there he lifted up a box to show the inside, and there I saw the most beautiful piece of jewelry ever made. Inside the box was a silver ring with a large sapphire inlaid in it. "It's beautiful." I said for I could not thing of a good enough word to describe it.
"It was your mother's most prized possession she ever owned. She told me to give it to you. Here put
it on."
"It's perfect; I have to go show Peter and Jilly." I turned and ran out the door.
"Be careful." Geoff whispered, for that wasn't just an ordinary ring, if Liana knew how to use it right she could call on a force greater than she could ever imagine.
© Copyright 2008 KristinKubash (kristinkubash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451482-Fishermans-Daughter