*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449613-Only-Season
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alikia
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1449613
Chapther Five

Night had fallen, casting shadows along the walls. Trying to adjust her eyes to the darkness Alyn knew she was in her room. The door slightly opens showing no light, from below stairs. “I had wondered when you might wake. I has been nearly three days.” Startle, pulling the covers making sure she was not exposed.
“You can not be in my bed chamber. I must be dreaming. That’s it you are a dream.”
“Shss!” He placed his finger to his lips, seating himself on the bed. “No one knows I am here. After I was sent away again today, I wanted to make sure you were all right. After all you being sick was my fault.” Her skin felt cool to his touch, “It seems the fever has run its course.”
Not truly understanding why he was sitting in her room, she tensed. “This is truly improper. If this was not a dream I should scream, or even call for someone.” Sliding his hand down her soft flesh, she felt on fire. “You really should leave.” His touch made it impossible to think. Softly caressing each spot he touched, anticipating how her body would respond.
Cupping the fullness of her breast, a tiny moan escaped her lips. Caressing her through the flimsy night rail, her body responded as he knew it would. Capturing her moans with his mouth first gentle then more demanding. He needed to taste her, control her desire.
Every sense of right or wrong had left his mind. All he could do was think of her. Alyn had haunted his dreams from that afternoon not so long ago, when she had told him to go away. Trying to close her out was not a choice now.
Feeling her need, Derrick depend the kiss. Sliding his hand down her thigh, moving to her soft center. Finding her hot, slick with need for him. Teasing slowly at first. Building her passion, desire for his touch, “Your body would welcome me.” He whispered to her. Lifting her hips to meet his touch, to feel.
Pushing inside stretching her, feeling her body tighten around his invasion. Allowing her the pleasure, without taking his own. His control pushed as far as it could. Derrick knew he must stop, he could not do this. Would not take her like this. Anyone could happen upon them, then what?
Trembling, her body gave everything he wanted. He had known she would be his. Knew there was to0 much to lose if he stayed, “I can not be here, Sweet dreams.” Kissing her gently, he quickly disappeared through the window.
She had to be delirious. That did not just happen. Convincing herself it had been nothing more than a dream. Closing her eyes, savoring the feelings running through her body, she slept.




Unlocking the door Derrick closed it softly behind him. Knowing at this hour none would be around. Moving quickly to the study, pouring a generous portion of brandy downing it. Refreshing his glass turning toward the fire. “Particular hour to be coming home dear brother.”
Startled Derrick saw Tyler sitting there, “I could say the same for you sitting here.”
“Ah yes you could,” Tyler took the decanter refilling his glass, “Yet I am not in the state that you seem to be at the moment.” Derrick took the other chair. “I know I should probably not ask where you have been. Have known you always had that lady you go see.”
“I have not seen her in over a year now, brother.” Damn, he had not figured for Tyler being home. It was easy enough to pass off coming in late for his father, but Tyler was to damn observant. “What kind of state do you believe I am in?”
“The one that only a certain young lady can cause.” Eyeing him warily Derrick took another sip, “The kind that is endlessly painful, for a man of your character.”
“Damn it just say it. I know you are dying to.” Tyler smiled.
“What would that be.” Laughing he raised his glass, “That my dear brother has fallen head over heels for a stubborn headstrong certain young lady.”
“It is not like that.” Derrick did not even want to admit it to himself.
“It isn’t?” Tyler knew he would deign it. “Then why is it you have gone to the Blackwell’s at least half a dozen times in the past two days? Why is it you have been a proverbial bear not knowing how she was? Like it or not you are taken with the young Ms Blackwell.”
“Do not be silly.” Derrick knew Tyler was right. There was no way around it. Yet he had this nagging feeling that this had all been planned from the start when his father had asked him to escort her to London.
Tyler was laughing now, “You brother, carry your heart on your sleeve. I knew from the moment at the ball that you were lost.”
“What else do you know?”
“I know that father made a bet, that you would marry before the year was out.” A bet he should of known. “I also know that a certain other father threw in with ours that you would marry his daughter.”
“Both of them.” The stunned expression said it all, Tyler could no longer contain his mirth, “Hush. So not only you, but also I have been caught in one of fathers little bets. I should have known. I am sure mother knows about this. That would b why she has kept pushing us together.”
“She was reluctant to meddle at first, from what I have heard from some of the staff.” Tyler knew Derrick might just try to go the opposite direction then they wanted him to no matter how he felt for Alyn. “You are not going to spurn her are you?”
running his hand through his dark locks, shacking his head. “How the hell could I do that? She’s all I think about. Not knowing how she was these last two days have nearly drove me insane. She is all I think about. From how she told me to go away. To the entire day she rode in the rain until she collapsed into my arms. Damn it,”
“You, my brother, are as good as married. Now the question is, does Alyn feel the same for you?”
“How the hell should I know. After what I did, she is probably likely to run away if I come near.” Tyler did not ask for him to explain. Knowing Derrick he could imagine. “I wake every night, have not had a nights sleep in over a week.”
“There is the costume ball on Friday, perhaps some proper wooing until then.” Eyeing his brother, Derrick smiled.
“Yes, I think that would be enough time to get her to say yes.”
“Four days, might be a little fast for some. You I doubt it will be more then three and she will be falling at your feet.”
“Much like Samantha and you?”
“That we will not discuss. As we both know I had help there. Father is trickery than we had known. Yet I would have gotten around to asking in time.”
“Yes I seem to recall the help you had. Never mind. I am going to find my bed then figure out how to win Alyn.” Derrick could hear Tyler’s laugh long after he climbed the stairs. Not know where to start


© Copyright 2008 Alikia (catzeyez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449613-Only-Season