*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447291-Things-Happen-Chapter-4
Rated: E · Novel · Fanfiction · #1447291
a girl meets a guy at her new school
Chapter 4

         The rest of the morning classes went on as usual, I didn’t have Nat in any of them, and come lunchtime, I had forgotten all about what Brianna had said. Sam and I both made our way to the cafeteria in order to be able to sit together. After we got our lunches; we both got sandwiches, we went to go find a table.
         “No! Not there!” I whispered frantically. Sam had been heading towards an empty table that was right next to where Brianna and her bunch of friends were sitting at.
         “Oh okay then. How about over there?” I looked to where she was motioning and nodded. At least no one I knew was sitting there.
         “Hey, Katie,” She said to a girl that was sitting there. She looked up and smiled.
         “Hey, Sam,” She replied. Sam took a seat next to her and turned to me.
         “Katie, this Emma, Emma this is Katie, she’s one of my friends.” She introduced. The girl named Katie waved at me.
         “Hi! Are you new?” she asked. I nodded and she said, “Cool you can hang with us from now on...Unless you’d rather go with them, seeing as to how they always try to get the new girls.” She was talking about Brianna and the rest of the girls.
         “No thanks. I already got on her bad side today.” I said, turning back to Katie.
         “Let me guess, she found out you were talking to Nat?” she said knowingly, crossing her arms. I nodded. “She thinks it as a threat. Anyone who talks to Nat might steal him from her clutches. She likes him a lot as you can see and she gets extremely jealously very easily.”
         “She told me not to hang out with him or talk to him.” I said sort of glumly.
         “Don’t listen to her; she can’t do anything about it. Nat’s a really cool guy and he wouldn’t turn down a conversation just because she said so.” Katie reassured. I smiled.
         “Thanks for the tip.” So now I had made another friend. Boy was this day turning better and better.

         “What do you want to do now? We still have a few more minutes before lunch is over.” Katie said as we went outside.
         “I know! Let’s go watch them play basketball.” Sam said enthusiastically. We followed her until we got to a basketball court where some kids were playing a basketball game. Among the crowd I saw Nat dribbling the ball away from an opponent. He seemed to be really good.
         “Eh...they’re ruining everything.” Katie said. I looked over to where she was looking, Brianna. She and her friends were cheering in a girly fashion for...Nat. We turned back our attention to the game and before we knew it, the bell rang.
         “Well that was a good game; Nat’s team won 10 points to 8.” Katie said. We went our separate ways to class, Sam being in English with me later on.
         When the school day came to an end I was actually disappointed. In the morning I had been dreading this day to come and now I found that I was actually going to like this school. Especially since I had made two friends and Nat was in three of my classes, but to my dismay Brianna was in two of those classes. I said bye to Katie and Sam, before beginning to walk home. Home wasn’t that far away; it was only about a block and a half away. As I walked out of the school and went walking down the sidewalk, I had a feeling I was being followed. I made it seem as though I was casually turning around so that I could see who was behind me. And it turned out to be...None other than Mr. Nat Wolff himself.
         “What do you want now?” I asked pausing. He looked up and pretended to be surprised.
         “Me?” he asked pointing to himself.
         “Yes you.” He caught up to me and started walking next to me.
         “Oh nothing, I was just wondering things.” He said. A question kept tugging at the back of mind. There was some silence and I could tell Nat was waiting for me to say something.
         “Hey are you really going out with Brianna?” I suddenly blurted out. I quickly raised a hand to stop myself from talking, but, to late.
         “What? Who told you that?” asked Nat incredulously.
         “So I’m guessing it’s not true?” I said timidly. He shook his head.
         “No, I’m not going out with anyone right now, much less her.”
         “You don’t like her?” I asked, wanting to know more.
         “No, not really, for one thing she’s really mean, and acts all snotty. Plus she gets annoying at times. Like today during lunch, you saw what she was doing. Sometimes she just embarrasses me. My friends start making fun of me, trying to make it seem as though I like her too.” He said, sighing.
         “Then those aren’t real friends.” I said. “Besides why don’t you just tell her you don’t like her that way she’ll leave you alone?” He looked up at me.
         “It’s not as simple as that. I’ve dropped hints and once I even told her to leave me alone and that I don’t like her but, she just doesn’t get it. She won’t give up and she can get really mean to other girls who just want to be my friend or something. Like you.” he added. I blushed.
         “How do you know she confronted me?” I said.
         “It’s just obvious that she did. Otherwise who else would have told you that lie?” He said, shrugging. I nodded understandably. There were some more moments of silence and then Nat asked, “So, where do you live?”
         “Around this corner,” I said, pointing. He nodded.
                “Where do you live?” He looked up.
         “The next street,” he said, pointing.
         “Oh.”
         “You know there’s a really cool park, nearby here. Since you’re new here you probably wouldn’t know where.” Nat said aloud.
         “No I would not.” I said.
         “If you want, you can come with me sometime later on, and I can show you around.” He said hopefully. I smiled.
         “I’d like that.” He smiled, “Great!” We walked a bit more and then we came to where I lived.
         “Well this is my house. I’ll see you tomorrow at school then. Bye.” I said waving to him. He waved back and watched me go up the stairs and inside my house. Through the curtains of the window, I watched him continue on, kicking a rock along the way. I think maybe I can make him become my friend too. He seemed so easy to talk to. Hopefully, maybe he’d start noticing me more often.
© Copyright 2008 nbblover (nbbluver at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447291-Things-Happen-Chapter-4