*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440774-A-Sisters-Guidance-Ch-1
by Kaina
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1440774
Tilly is a serious gamer. Why is she suddenly in her favorite one? [TALES OF SYMPHONIA]
I am indeed the same person (PrincessKaina2) from http://www.fanfiction.net/, so don't call me a copycat, 'k? :D

And it has been edited slightly, but just the bad grammar and PoV parts.

Italics = thoughts

----------------------->->->

“Tilly, it’s time for dinner!” my mom calls up to me from downstairs.

I ignore her as I continue to play my on my Nintendo Gamecube. I had just beaten my game, Tales of Symphonia, for the fifth time since I had bought it. It had taken so long on this file because I had wanted to get my party to the highest level. It didn’t help that Kratos was a few levels lower than everyone else. If he wasn't so hot, I would not be doing this.

“Finally! I can get everyone’s special costumes. I WANT ZELOS!” I yell impatiently at my Gamecube. I really love having Kratos in my group, but Zelos is just so funny. I sigh softly. He’s also the only way to get those fancy outfits. They just had to make so only one of the two magic swordsman could be in your party at a time. . .

I snap out of my daydream when I hear my mother yell, “YOUNG LADY! Get your butt down here or I’ll take your video games and sell them to the neighbor kids!” I instantly start to panic.

“You wouldn’t! These games are the only way I can relax from the daily torture of school! Plus, the kids around here are toddlers. I don’t think they will want my stuff,” I answer from the safety of my bedroom.

“Well, just get down here before too long. I made your favorite meal,” she says as I hear her heading back to the kitchen.

“Okay, Mom.” I look back to my television. Maybe I’ll just buy some stuff using GRADE and then head downstairs. On the way back to my big bed, I pause in front of my wall mirror. I really need to change my wardrobe, too. I look like I just walked in from the Salvation Army. . .

The fourteen-year-old girl in the mirror had long dark brown hair, about to the middle of her back. Her eyes were also brown and had freckles all over her nose. The body was slightly plump, but only a little. The girl was tall and did have curves, but she hid it all with comfortable loose clothes. She had on a light grey t-shirt with dark blue sweatpants. The shoes were regular tennis shoes with Velcro straps.

Well, I like to be more comfortable than fashionable. Casual it stays. I sit back down on my bright pink bed and grab my controller. I quickly buy everything I needed at the GRADE Shop and wait for the beginning to start. Kratos’ voice is always good to listen to. I giggle at that thought.

“Once upon a time,

There existed a giant tree that was the source of all mana.

A war, however, caused this tree to wither away,

and a hero’s life was sacrificed in order to take its place.

Grieving over the loss,

the goddess disappeared unto the heavens.

The goddess left the angels with this edict:

“You must wake me, for if I should sleep, the world shall be destroyed.”

The angels bore the Chosen One,

who headed towards the tower that reached up unto the heavens.

And that marked the beginning of theregeneration of the world.”


As I watch the long introduction, it suddenly veers away from Iselia. The picture on the screen shows a small clearing near the town, just out of reach of curious eyes.

“What in the world? The game never showed this before. Does it have a glitch?” I mutter to myself over the unexpected delay. Before long, I heard a voice call out to me from the T.V.

“Sis? Where are you? We’re getting a bit close to Iselia, don’t you think?”

My attention immediately snaps back to the screen. There was a boy, about twelve years old, standing in the clearing. I notice that there was now a fire and a tent there, too. I am so confused. What’s happening?

The boy was obviously an elf. Short black hair was covered by the hood of the black cape he had on. He was wearing a dark green shirt and tunic with black pants. He was also wearing some green leather armor on his front and on the kid’s back was a bow and a quiver full of arrows. He seems familiar. Have I seen this boy before? I don’t think I have, but I’m getting such a weird feeling. . .

The boy went on with his search. “Sister? If this is on purpose, I’ll never forgive you!” I ignore this because I am too busy flipping through a game guide.

Oh, come on! There has to be something about this glitch. It has never happened before and I don’t want to lose my progress! The mental rambling goes on until the kid says something I could NOT believe.

“Tilly! Where are you! Sis, I’m scared without you with me. . .” With that, he starts to cry and he sits down on the grass near the fire.

I did not just hear that! He just called for me! Well, not me, but his sister named Tilly. It’s such a coincidence, though. As I continue to stare at the T.V., I feel that I do indeed know the young kid. Wait, I DO know his name! It’s on the tip of my tongue! Otis, Oran, Otika, Orkal, Oreo, Orion. . .

As it comes to me, I yell out, “Orkion! That’s his name!” As if he heard my voice, Orkion looks up, and whispers a quiet, “Sis? Is that you, Tilly?” My mind freezes when he speaks that, because along with his sentence, my whole room starts to spin. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!

I manage to utter out a “Damn!” before everything goes black.

-------------->->->

Review, please! And comment! AND RATE IT!
© Copyright 2008 Kaina (princesstilly2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440774-A-Sisters-Guidance-Ch-1