*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439329-Best-Brother-Chap-1
by Sakura
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1439329
Sanji had a friend on Baratie. What if they met again?
Chapter 1: The reunion

“Blondie, is breakfast done yet?” Zolo asked Sanji.

“Yea, Moss head,” Sanji replied.

“BREAKFAST!” Yelled Luffy. He burst into the kitchen followed by the rest of the crew. Sanji had made pancakes with syrup he made from the tangarines Nami gave him, and some sausage links he was able to save Luffy (somehow).

“Thanks Sanji!” Nami said with a smile.

“Yeah! I made you smile!” Sanji said with heart eyes.

“Mmm…mrshis eis wgood!” Luffy said with his mouth full of sausage and pancakes. Since Sanji’s brain was used to hearing Luffy talk this way, Sanji knew that Luffy said, “This is good.”

“That’s good to hear,” Sanji laughed.

“Did I hear the name Sanji?” A voice asked from outside the kitchen asked.

“Come in,” Luffy said. The figure came in. He had clothes like Sanji’s, but the jacket was dark blue. His hair was black without the left eye covered, and normal eyebrows.

“Saku!” Sanji exclaimed.

“Hey Squirt,” Saku said coolly.

“Huh?” Everybody asked.

Saku sweat dropped. “Oh sorry, the name’s Saku, Sanji’s brother.” He explained. “Who would’ve thought the squirt would be a pirate!” Saku laughed.

“How’d you find me, Bro?” Sanji asked.

“Chef Geezer said you went with a pirate by the name of Monkey D. Luffy.”

“That’s me!” Luffy said.

“Who’re your friends?” Saku asked.

“I’m Zolo,”

“I’m Nami,”

“The lovely Nami,” Sanji said.

“I’m Usopp,”

“I’m Chopper,”

“I hope you’re not as annoying as Blondie,” Zolo said.

“Back at you Moss head!”

“Can’t you not be at each other’s throats for one minute?” Nami asked.

“Ok,” They both said.

“Your friend?” Saku asked teasingly.

“Yea, we just get on each other’s nerves a lot.” Sanji said. “Want some breakfast?”

“Sure,” Saku said. He got a plate, put a pancake on it, and sat on the floor. He took a bite. “You made it,” He said.

“Wow! How’d you know?” Usopp and Luffy asked at the same time.

“Sanji and I aren’t real brothers, but we grew up on Baratie together. We consider each other brothers because we liked a lot the same things. The Great Blue was one and I hope still is?”

“Yea, I’m still lookin’!” Said Sanji.

“Well, I can still remember the taste of his cooking, even after nine years.” Saku said.

“Nine YEARS!” Chopper exclaimed.

“Yup, he got taken away by marines to be a chef for them.” Sanji turned to Saku. “How did you get away?”

“I snuck out last night in a little boat hoping to find Sanji. I thought he would still be at Baratie, but Chef Geezer said you were with Luffy.” Saku explained.

“Wouldn’t you be wanted then?” Nami asked.

“Yea, I bet I am.” Saku laughed. “I didn’t think about that.” Everybody including Saku sweat dropped.

“You sure you and Sanji aren’t brothers?” Zolo said.

“Watch it Moss head!”

“Yup, I’m sure,” Saku, said. “Sanji, I learned to play the guitar.” Saku said. Then everybody saw the twinkle in Luffy’s eyes.

“JOIN OUR CREW!” Luffy shouted. (Who didn’t see that coming?)

“Yea,” Sanji agreed.

“Anyone object?” Saku asked. No one did so Saku said, “Luffy I’d be happy to.”

“Sanji, this calls for meat!” Luffy shouted.

“How ‘bout for lunch?” Sanji asked.

“Fine,” Luffy said.

They went on deck and Usopp asked, “Saku, how old are you?”

“Uh…I lost track. They didn’t have birthdays on the marine ship.” Saku admitted.

“19,” Sanji said. “Our birthdays are a month apart so his would be on April 2 since mine is March 2.”

“Day after my birthday,” Usopp said.

“Saku! Your friends are here to see you!” Sanji said and pointed to a marine ship from the 19th division.

“Saku, I demand you come back on this ship now!” Demanded the captain.

© Copyright 2008 Sakura (storywriter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439329-Best-Brother-Chap-1