*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435830-The-Fade
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1435830
My first piece uploaded here...But, I have a ton more.
I layed under the starry night, I watched the stars, trying to form patterns of them in my mind. He layed next to me, his arms wrapped around my waist, my head resting on his chest. We were envolpled in grass, it blanketed our bodys, giving us a nice spot to lay. He had brought me out here, he had wanted to tell me something, and he did. It made my heart pound in my chest, they were the most beautfiul words I have ever heard. "I love you." He whispered in my ear, I kept replaying it in my mind.

Here, under this starry night, everything was perfect. I could feel all my worries fading away, I could feel my stress disappearing. It was so breath-takingy beautiful out here. It was a long meadow, full of long, flowing grass, trees surrounded this place. I could feel the gentle breeze of the wind, cutting through the grass like blades. The wind swept over my cheeks, over my body, swaying the grass along with it. I shifted, trying to find a more comfortable spot on the grass. I heard a crackle in the distance, thunder was cutting through the silence. He opened his eyes, was he sleeping, had the thunder awakened him?

I turned onto my side, now looking at him, I reached out and touched his cheek. "Did the thunder wake you?" I asked, looking into his gray eyes. He nodded, bringing his arms over his head and yawning. "Yes, I guess it just felt so...Secure, here, that I fell alseep." I nodded in agreement, it did feel secure here. It felt like nothing could harm me here, like no one could break into me, and damage me in anyway. "Might as well head home, it is getting late." I said, pulling my hand away from his cheek.

He sat up, yawning again. "Your right, we should get home." I smiled and stood up, holding out my hand to him. He took my hand and stood up, not letting go of my hand, he led me back through the meadow. I looked up at the sky, seeing the dark clouds rolling over head. The storm was here. Thunder crackled behind us, he was moving faster now, I looked at him. The thunder again, it engulfed him in light. The shadows from the thunder danced around us, like children sitting around a fire telling stories.

We were almost to the edge of the meadow, I could see the outlines of the trees coming into view. As we made it to the path, leading to the forrest, and to the car. He had slowed down a bit, I think he is afraid of thunder. He pulled me through the forrest, I followed, stumbling here and there. I heard the thunder behind us, I felt something wet touch my arm. I looked up, it had started to rain. I had not expected this kind of weather, I didn't bring anything to cover my self with. Atleast the forrest canopy would stop most of the rain from hitting us.

As we reached the car, the rain was almost gone. Only a few drops of water got through, or even touched the trees. He walked over to the car and pulled out the keys, unlocking the car, I walked over and opened the car door. I shut the door and looked over as he climbed into the drivers seat. He reached over and took my hand into his. I blushed, looked over at him, and smiled. "I love you." I whispered, closing my eyes, letting my head rest onto the seat. He smiled. "I love you, too." He whispered back. I could feel the engine come to a start, the car shaking with it. Then, it all faded.
© Copyright 2008 Moonfalls (moonfalls at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435830-The-Fade