*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435564-An-angel-sent-from-above
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Young Adult · #1435564
this story is about a woman called Crystal and the story of her life.
If you ever had a chance to look at Samuel,u would have thought he was just adorable.His brown affectinate eyes were always sparkling and his crooked smile would make your heart melt.Whenever Crystal looked at him,she forgot the rest of the world and she specially forgot her past which haunted her.
Crystal was a normal happy teenager whose parents were divorced and she was living with her mom.It was during this time that an inciddent changed her life drastically.It was a rainy evening and her mom had not yet come home,when she received a phone call.Her mom had met with an accident while driving home from work and now she was in the hospital.When she reached the hospital she was allowed to meet her mother.She sat beside her mom and cried softly.Her mom lifted her eyelids slowly and said "i'll be ok,you dont worry,just remember i will always be looking out for you".Barely 3 hours after she spoke to Crystal she passed away.The only thing Crystal remembered after that was the endless tears.
  She lived with her aunt after her mom died.Her aunt was a lovely lady.And whenever crystal was hurt she remembered her mom's last words,"i'll always be looking out for you".She married Matthew when she was 22,and she felt that from now on everything would be perfect,but she was wrong.Within a few months she discovered matthew's real character,he was a stone-hearted man who only cared about money and nothing else.She slowly realised that there was nothing good left in her life,there was no meaning to her life.All she had to live with was sadness.But that changed.
      It was a cold december morning when Crystal welcomed her son into the world.She finally had someone to live for.It took crystal 7 years to accept the fact that samuel was mentally challenged."Why God?why me?" she cried out expecting an answer but obviously she didn't get one.She slowly learnt to accept the boy the way he was.When neighbours and friends showered their sympathy towards  the boy,she felt as though God had been cruel to her in some way.But as years passed,her love for the boy grew stronger and stronger and everyday was a blessing.When the other kids would not allow him to join their games samuel would come running up to her and say"why they not letting me......... join games?"And at that moment Crystal would feel like hugging the boy tightly in her arms and tell him that nothing was wrong with him and that he deserved better than this.Whenever Crystal looked into his warm brown eyes she felt he thought the wold of her and she felt that now finally her life was perfect.But she was wrong again.
        Her life took an unexpected turn a few months after Samuel's 7th birthday.He was diagnosed with leukamia and his body was not responding to the treatment.The months passed painfully,facing Samuel everyday in the hospital was the most painful experience to Crystal.As she sat there in the hospital,she remembered the time when Samuel had scribbled a few words on the wall with a  red crayon and she had said"you should be punished for doing that young man".And though he could not understand her words completely her facial expressions had conveyed the message that she was angry."i was writing i love you mom"he said.After hearing that she felt guilty for shouting at the boy.
            After leaving the hospital,Crystal went to the church.She decided that she had to pray for a miracle to happen and she knew God would help her."Just when i loved him more than anything in the world,why are you taking him away from me God?"She sat there for an hour thinking of all the sorrow in her life.Her mom's death,her broken marriage and her son's sickness.That was when she suddenly felt an urge to see Samuel,it was like something was telling her to go back to the hospital.When she reached the hospital,Samuel was looking paler than ever and his hair was almost gone and surprisingly his father was sitting in the room,even the most cruel people do have a hearts she thought.She looked into his warm brown eyes she then realised that he was slipping away from her.She told him "i love you Samuel and you should always remember that".He slowly closed his eyes and went to sleep forever.At that moment a wave of emotions flooded Crystal's body and soul.She smiled despite her tears.She smiled because of the love she had for the boy and he had taught her so much.He had taught her that true love did exist and it was right in front of her the whole time.He had made everyday a blessing for her.But she cried because now Samuel was no more,there was noone to greet her after she comes home from work,noone to cover her with the quilt during winter to keep her warm.She felt incomplete.
        many years later,Crystal was still grieving the death of her son but she still learnt to move on in life.And everytime she felt sad or lonely she would look at corner of the wall on which Samuel had scribbled,looking at it made her feel truly happy.





© Copyright 2008 uniquelyspecial (uniquemind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435564-An-angel-sent-from-above