*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1431779-A-Public-Journal
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1431779
Brought to you by: Ashlee Owen
Wednesday, May 28th, 2008:

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Ashlee Owen and I am from Alabama. I will be nineteen years old next month. I married Craig on October 27th, 2007. He was eighteen at the time. He recently turned 19 in January. The two of us have a beautiful daughter, named Lillie Savanna who was born on April 16th of this year right at the end of my senior year and exactly four days after my senior prom. Imagine those pictures! She was seven pounds, three ounces and approximately nineteen inches long. I was the same weight but I was nineteen and a half inches long at birth.

I went to school up until the Friday before the prom was held on Saturday. I was out of school for two weeks and returned on May 1st. My baby girl is truly a blessing and a joyous treasure that my husband and I cherish every single day. My friends and family were shocked about my pregnancy at first, but in the end they all became very supportive.

My husband is truly my love. We have known each other since I was fourteen and he was thirteen. We never knew that we would ever be together, though. He works and helps provide for Lillie and I everyday. I had a job, but after I gave birth Craig and I both decided that it would be better for me to stay home and keep our daughter. While I was in school, my best friend's mother would keep Lillie for us and I would pick her up immediately after school was dismissed. I am currently looking for a babysitter as well as a job. I do not expect Craig to provide each and every little thing for this family and I feel as though I should be helping out too.

I know that no matter what I will always have my husband and my daughter. Growing up without a father was hard for me. I do not want Lillie to experience that same thing. Everyday when I look into her eyes, I know that she wasn't a mistake. I know in my heart that everything happens for a reason. I realize now that having Lillie is my reason to continue living. She gets me up in the mornings with her soft cries and she is always the last thing on my mind before going to sleep at night.

She is gorgeous and my husband is wonderful. I would not trade either of them for the world.


© Copyright 2008 aspiringwriter2329 (inlove123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1431779-A-Public-Journal