*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429965-Nightmares-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Serial · Dark · #1429965
A teenage boy's nightmares trouble his waking hours.
Jordan was sitting at the end of a hospital bed, watching the woman laying in it sleep peacefully. There was a cheery knock at the door, and a woman walked in. "Hi there! Is your daddy here?" Jordan shook his head. The woman smiled. "I have to fix your mommy's breathing machine, would you mind going in the hallway for a few minutes?"
Jordan shrugged. "I guess." He hopped off the bed. The floor seemed alot closer than he remembered.
The nice lady handed Jordan a dollar bill. "Go buy yourself something to eat, honey." She patted him on the back and closed the door behind him. "You can see your Mommy when you get back. She should be awake by then."
But Jordan's mother never woke up. When he returned from getting a snack, the woman was gone, and the hospital room filled with doctors and relatives. Jordan's father had taken him back into the hallway, and told him that his mother had passed away. Jordan closed his eyes to make sense of it all.
When he opened his eyes again, he was the one laying in the hospital bed. There was an IV in his arm, and a tube going through his nose and down his throat. Confused, he looked around. The room was empty. His legs and chest were stuck with a paralyzing pain when he tried to sit up.
The curtain seperating the room in half was slid aside. A dark, faceless shadow approached the bed. "That was quite a hit you took." The voice was raspy and deep.
Jordan tried to talk, but the shadow leaned over the bed and adjusted his IV tube. "Don't move, Jordan. I have to ask you something."
Jordan shook his head, and tried to push the shadow away. His hands sunk through the black appirition.
"I saw you kill your mother Jordan."
Jordan shut his eyes and shook his head, but the shadow just continued. "You didn't love her. So when nobody was around, you pulled out her breathing tube, Jordan. Just like this..." The shadow grabbed the array of tubes attached to Jordan and slowly began pulling.
Jordan sat up and screamed. "No!" He grabbed the IV and the breathing tubes, yanked them out of his body, and pushed himself off of the bed. His legs burnt with a fiery pain, and refused to hold his weight. Drowsily, he collapsed to the floor with a thud.
© Copyright 2008 Ann On A Mouse (dropthechalupa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429965-Nightmares-Part-2