*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424499-How-Small-I-Am
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1424499
This is a devotional I have written and am hoping to get published by my church.

         It was around ten o'clock one evening when I decided to walk outside for a moment.  Everything was still and the night was peaceful.  I took a deep breath of the sweet summer air and allowed the stillness to wash over me.  As I peered into the clear night sky I was awed by the vast array of  twinkling stars overhead.
         I thought about how God created the brilliant balls of light and how He positioned each one carefully in its' rightful place.  I noticed the perfection in both order and beauty.  It was at that moment I realized just how small I stood under the blanket of stars.  I became acutely aware that I was but a minuscule speck in God's vast cosmos.
         At that point I considered the ant and how he must feel in a world so large with obstructions jetting up around him at every turn.  He sees, what must appear as, insurmountable obstacles everywhere he turns; yet, despite the overwhelming odds, he keeps going, enduring to the end.
         Just like the ant, God placed us here with our own unique and vital purpose.  We face overwhelming odds and we're constantly challenged to conquer new problems as we venture toward a common goal.
         As a Christian, one of my goals is to understand my position in Christ.  I am amazed knowing just how small I stand in God's universe, yet His Word assures me that not only does He love me unconditionally, but He knows every hair on my head.  God lets me know that I am not insignificant in His eyes.
         Being secure with who we are as Christians is vitally important.  It provides the strength we need to go out into the world and share Christ with others.  That is our commission.  We must let others know that while we are small in the universe, God loves us all.
© Copyright 2008 Cynthia_the_BunnyHamm (bunnyhamm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424499-How-Small-I-Am