*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422721-my-final-victim
by mornin
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1422721
very short story about a serial killer. not sure about the ending though. advice?
I held the knife to his neck. Freshly sharpened, just for this moment. He's trembling, but he won't fight back. He has heard of my reputation, as many have. And like the rest of them, he knows he will die. No one ever fights back. Why is that? What is it in humans that make them freeze in the face of danger? Cowards. They talk so big, but in the end, they are all just cowards.
Back to the task at hand. The slightest pressure cracks the skin. All that's left is to pull the blade, cut the artery, another victim to my dark desires.

I pause.

Is this the right decision? Should I really kill again?
Of course I should. I'm just ridding the world of another worthless piece of trash, another insect.
I made the decision. I pulled the blade, and felt my victim's blood erupt from the cut.

It hurts...

As the world darkens, as I see my blood flow to the floor and pool at my feet, I know I made the right decision. Everyone here is better off with me dead.
I collapse in a pool of my own blood, close my eyes, and feel my life begin to fade away. And as my life faded, I felt the guilt fade too. I breathed a sigh of relief. It was the last breath I ever drew.
© Copyright 2008 mornin (matt726 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422721-my-final-victim