*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422291-Follow-Your-Heart
Rated: GC · Novel · Drama · #1422291
Nicole and Noah lost eachother. Three years later can it work? First three chapters.
Epilogue

         Nicole laid in the bath as she watched her tears mix with the scolding hot water.  She didn't know which emotion to choose from.  She could go with guilt, anger, or the unbearable pain coursing through her.

         For the moment she chose anger.  He had no right to yell at her they weren't even together.  He acted as if he owned her.  He didn't let her talk to other guys, he hacked into her email daily.  This was just a couple of the many reasons she had left him.  She couldn't do it anymore.  Before she had agreed to be with him they were best friends always together.  He seemed perfect.  He treated her good gave her everything she wanted, but that all changed the day after they got together.  He was yelling at her for stuff she had done years ago when they would go months with out talking.  She didn't see the relevance that had on their relationship but he just couldn't let it go.  He would go off over the tiniest things that she couldn't help.  If they were walking through a store and a guy hit on her he would start degrading her.  Calling her a slut and a bitch making her feel worthless, and this was all in front of her son.  For a year and a half they had tried.  Maybe the worst part was when he started cussing her out, and accused her of still being in love with her ex.  I wasn't so bad cause he was falsely accusing her it was bad because they both knew it was true.

         The sudden direction change in her thoughts had her feeling guilty.  She should have know they would end up like this.  Her infamous ex Noah had ruined her for all men.  She just couldn't make it work.  Oh for the first few months they would be okay.  She would spend all her time with them, making her self so busy that Noah didn't enter her thoughts.  Then someone in town would so graciously update her on how his life was going with that bitch he called a girlfriend and she would be stuck on him again.  Distancing herself from her new interest until finally they just got the point and walked away picking up the pieces of their hearts with every step. 

         This was the first relationship since Noah where she thought she could fall in love with someone else.  Hell at one point she would've sworn that she did love him.  She had even turned Noah down for Tommy not wanting to succumbed to what she knew would end painful for her.  The thing was though Noah had been in her thoughts all along and she hadn't done a good job of hiding it.  Soon after they had gotten together Tommy turned to drugs, and that had only made things worse.  In the end she knew she had only herself to blame for trying to make her heart give up what she knew it needed so badly.

         Letting Noah enter her thoughts like this always made her heartbreak.  He entered them daily, but usually she tried to quickly push him out.  For six years they had been putting each other through so much pain.  When they were happy they were deliriously happy, but when they were mad or hurt they turned vindictive.  She never knew how cruel she could be until the first time Noah really hurt her.  How many times had they intentionally lashed out trying to hurt the other and always succeeding.  The sad thing was none of this made her need to be in his arms go away.  That was the only place she felt safe.  The only place she was ever truly happy. 

         It was becoming blindly obvious what she had to do.  She had to reach out to the person who could either push her over the edge or save her from herself.  Just the thought of it made her heart race and her mouth go dry, but it wasn't her choice anymore.  Without him she would die. 

         She got out of the bath grabbing the towel and patting it against her body trying to waist as much time as possible.  She had to get her courage up.  She rapped the towel around her and walked into the living room.  It almost seemed as if the phone sitting on the table was taunting her telling her she wouldn't make the call. 

         "Oh shut up."  She said glaring at it.

         Oh boy now I'm going fucking crazy.  That's just great she thought snatching it up and dialing the numbers before she backed out.  On the third ring she was about to hang up until he picked up and she heard his voice.  Her heart stopped beating and she had to force herself to speak.

         "Hey its Nicole.  Yeah I know it been awhile but I need to see you.  No, no strings attached, I just need to see you as a friend you've always been there.  Yeah Saturday is okay.  Call me when you get into town."

         When she hung up the phone she clutched it to her chest with a new resolve.  Yes they loved each other, but the both knew how dangerous it was for them to be together again.  They would just have to be together as friends not a relationship.  Now if she could just convince her heart of that she would be okay.


















Chapter One

         Saturday had come, and she was dropping off her little boy with her best friend.  When she got to the door Charlotte opened it before she had the chance to knock.  Taking the two year old out of her friends arms Charlotte looked at her with concern.

         Are you really sure you want to do this Nicole?  I mean I know you love him, but I've heard some of the stories about the past.  You have to remember you have a son to consider now."

         Nicole gave her a long look.  Of course she had already thought about all of the reasons not to go see him, but they didn't measure up to the reasons to go see him.  Plus she had the resolve that they were just going to talk and give their friendship another shot.  She wasn't going to get back together with him she kept telling herself.

         "Look Charlotte I know your worried about me and believe me I love you for it, but I need to do this for me.  Plus if we can get along it'll make me happy and I can't think of anything better for Sean then his mama finally being happy.  He might only be two now, but eventually he's going to grow up and he'll know what's going on with me.  I can't fake smiles forever.  Plus I already told you we're just going to talk it's not like we're getting back together.  He's got a family too you know."


         Charlotte gave her an accusing look.  "Whatever you say Nicole.  You know the number call if you need anything or if there's a chance you'll be late."

         "Will do."  She replied as she turned back towards her car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         This was it, the moment of truth she told herself as she pulled into the grocery store parking lot.  Her eyes swept the sea of cars looking for his truck, her stomach dropped when she finally saw it.  She circled the lot and pulled up beside him.  Turning the key in the ignition she opened her door and she stepped out of the car with wobbly legs.  Maybe this was a bad idea. 

         When she got to his truck her heart sunk a little more.  She tucked an imaginary strand of blonde hair behind her ear.  Knowing she couldn't back down from this she stuck her arm out to open the door and noticed it was shaking. 

         Oh get the fuck over yourself Nicole.  All your going to do is hang out with a friend for awhile, you do that all the time, this is nothing different.  Yeah fucking right.  That's why it took almost two hours to pick out an outfit and get ready this morning.  God I'm fuck pathetic she thought as she pulled herself up and sat in the passenger seat. 

         "Hey."  She heard him awkwardly say. 
         
         She looked over at him and involuntarily sucked in a breath of air and held it.  He looked better then she remembered.  She hadn't seen him in over a year, and the effect it was having on her now was overwhelming.  Images of lovemaking came to her mind.  Him kissing her holding her tight in his arms as he stuck himself in her slowly and whispered I love you.  How many times had she dreamed of that happening again in the past three years?  How many times had she fantasized about him while bringing herself to climax or worse while she was bringing someone who thought she loved them to climax.

         "Hey."  She replied in a shaky voice redirecting her thoughts, unsuccessfully trying to stem off the warmth she now felt under her belly button.  She knew it was pointless.  He had, had this effect on her since the first day they met.

         They sat in awkward silence for what seemed like an eternity.  She couldn't bring herself to look at him again.  She had all these things she had wanted to say to him but as soon as she saw him again they all went out the window, and now all she could think about is how much she loved him.  Now she looked like a dumb ass.

         "Sorry.  I think this was a big mistake calling you.  Maybe I should just go."  She said getting ready to open the door.  "I'm such a fucking idiot"  She said under her breath.

         "Hey. Don't be like that"  Noah said suddenly grabbing her arm.  "Look its been awhile, I don't really know what to say either.  Why don't we just drive around or go get lunch."  He said looking at her with those gorgeous brown eyes.  "Come on.  My treat, anywhere you want to eat."

         "Okay I guess we could do that.  How about chicken wings.  There's a place close to here, it‘s pretty good."  She said relaxing a little.  So he did want to see her she thought dragging her cigarettes out of her purse and lighting one.  Maybe today would be okay after all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         They had been hanging out all day.  After lunch they had gotten back in his truck and just been driving around for hours since.  She forgot what it was like to have fun with him.  They were catching up and going down memory lane.  They were on their way back to her car now, the day was coming to an end. 

         "Thank you for meeting me.  I've missed you and there's no point in even try to deny it.  Not in a I want you back way that's not what I'm trying to get at.  I just missed you."  She said finally being serious and honest with him.

         "Oh come on you know you want big daddy back."  He replied smiling at her.

         "Whatever, you cocky asshole.  Think what you want then.  I already know there's no changing your mind."  She told him laughing.  A real laugh for once.

         "Can I ask you a serious question?"  She asked looking at him.

         When he shook his head yes in reply she sucked in a breath and held back tears.  "Do you ever think about Sean?"

         He sat for a few minutes not replying.  She thought he was going to ignore the question until he finally looked at her.  "All the time, when I'm not working or fighting with her."

         "He reminds me a lot of you, you know.  He might look like me, but he acts like his daddy."

         They drove silently until they returned back to the parking lot and found the space by her car un occupied.  They sat there for a minute neither one of them wanting the day to end. 

         "Okay well I had fun today.  Can I get a hug?"

         "I don't want to hug you."  He replied sarcastically.

         She feigned shocked.  "Fine then I didn't want a hug anyways.  I'll just leave then."  She said with a mock attitude. 

         When she put her hand on the handle to open the door she felt him yank her to him and in a matter of seconds his mouth was on hers and he was kissing her.  I took her a second to react, but when she did she pulled his face closer to hers and parted her lips deepening the kiss.  Just as quickly she broke the kiss, backed away and looked at him.  What the hell were they doing?

         He looked at her and pulled her back to him.  "I love you.'

         "I love you too."  She replied.  He wasted no time in stealing her lips again. 

         She didn't know how long they had been sitting there, but she knew she had to break up whatever this was now.  If she didn't she would let him take her right here in the parking lot for everyone to see, and she couldn't let that happen.  The longer she let him kiss her the more vulnerable she became.

         She forced herself to pull away and looked at him.  "Noah, this is a mistake."  When she noticed the hurt in his eyes she continue.  "I mean because you've got Amy, and Tommy wont except the fact that we're over and all we ever do his hurt each other.  We shouldn‘t be doing this."  She said rambling trying forcing herself to keep her resolve.

         "Look Nicole I love you and if you want me to stop I will but I don't love Amy.  The only reason we are together is because of Jordan.  If I wanted her I would have told you to fuck yourself when you called but I didn't.  And while Tommy can't accept it you can, and if he keeps on bothering you just tell me and I'll make him accept it.  In the past six years the only thing that has stayed the same is kissing you was never a mistake and I never should have stopped.  I can see that now.  I‘ve known it for a long time.  Now ask yourself.  Do you really want me to stop?"

         With his words her resolve melted away.  She looked at him with tears in her eyes and smiled.  "No I don't want you to stop, but I have to go pick up Sean."

         He pulled her to him and gave her one last kiss.  He pulled away resting his forehead against hers.  ‘Okay go pick up Sean and I'll call you later.  I want to see you tonight, go ahead a bring Sean, I want to see him to.  I love you."  He said placing a kiss on her nose. 

         "I love you too."  She told him as she forced herself to let him go and climb out of the truck.  "You better call me.  No games this time.  I mean it." 

         "No games.  I promise."  She looked in his eyes knowing they could never lie to her and saw the love there.

         "Good.  I love you."  She told him before she shut the door to his truck.

         With that she walked back to her car and watched him drive off.  There were still so many unanswered questions.  For instance what was he going to do about Amy.  She lived with him.  She was the mother of his oldest son.  The thought of her turned Nicole's mood to sour.  She didn't care if Amy got hurt in this.  Amy sure the hell hadn't cared about her feelings three years ago when she had so heartlessly lied her way into Noah's heart.  She was suppose to have been Nicole's best friend.  Hell Nicole had even introduced her to Noah.  Next thing you know Amy turns up pregnant and guess who the father is.  She was just reclaiming what was hers.  Jordan should have been her son and now Noah would have the chance to be a father for Sean.  This was a win, win for her.  She wasn't going to let him go this time.  For all the shit they had been through they still loved each other and that had to mean something.







Chapter Two

         "What the hell do you mean you kissed him.  Nicole I love you but this isn't the smartest thing you've ever done.  Actually that's an understatement it might just be the stupidest.  I mean I've never met the guy, but the things I've heard are horrific.  Have you forgotten about Sean?  What after two years your just going to let him drop into your sons life.  And how long is he going to stay this time?  I mean this is the guy that went off and fucked your best friend, had a child with her, then came back a knocked you up before she had even given birth.  Has all this just slipped your mind?"  Charlotte was pacing around the living room.  Nicole had just told her what had happened between her and Noah. In mid stride she stopped and looked at Nicole sitting on the couch giving her and glared.

         "Will you stop fucking smiling like that its creeping me out."

         Nicole tried to stop smiling although she didn't think she was succeeding.  She got up and walked over to her friend taking Charlotte's hands in her own and led her to the couch.  They sat down and Nicole looked at her best friend.  Yep she was pissed and Nicole couldn't blame the girl.  She could still remember the night she found out she was pregnant.  She had gone to Charlottes house and cried for hours on the other girls shoulder.  That's how their friendship had really started.  Charlotte had stood behind her decision to keep her unborn child and raise him alone when everyone else had criticized her.  She smiled at her friend.

         "Okay if I explain some of this will you promise to stop yelling at me.  I don't want Sean to wake up.  You know how hard it is to get him to take a nap"

         Charlotte looked at her and nodded her head.  Nicole was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to keep herself from yelling if she talked out loud.

         She took a minute to gather her thoughts.  "I understand what your saying Charlotte.  I really do.  Yes I know that we've had a rocky past, and I know he hasn't been there for Sean, but I wouldn't have let him.  If you remember correctly I let him believe that Sean wasn't his for the first eight months he was born.  I was sixteen and he was nineteen Charlotte and my dad straight up told me he would have Noah locked up if he came around.  I wasn't going to be responsible for him going to prison.  And are you forgetting he did call me two weeks before my eighteenth birthday to ask about Sean.  He even tried to be with me, but at that point I was already dating Tommy and we've all seen how well that's gone." 

         She paused for a minute then started again before Charlotte had a chance to speak again.  "And I told you how Amy ended up with him.  She told him a bunch of lies about me and she was suppose to be my best friend so of course he was going to believe her.  Hell back then I was always with her, she knew everything about me, and unfortunately that made him vulnerable to all the bullshit spewing out of her mouth along with everyone else.  If you remember correctly friends that I had, had for years turned their backs on me for the same reason, he wasn‘t the only one who believed her.  Now I want you to meet him.  Maybe it will change your mind about the situation.  We're meeting up tonight and I'm taking Sean.  And before you try to say you don't want to go I already talked to Luke and he‘s coming to.  I know your into him so don't even try to say you don't want to go."

         Charlotte looked at her for a long time before responding.  "Okay I'll go.  I'll even keep an open mind, but with that being said if he hurts you or my god son I swear I'll kill him.  And even better I wont feel bad about it."

         Nicole stood up and grabbed a pool stick.  "That's my girl.  Now I'm going to give you a chance to kick my ass at a game or two before Sean wakes up.  Who knows maybe it will take the bitch out of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Noah had just pulled up to his moms house.  He knew what was waiting for him inside.  He had told Amy he was going to the car wash.  He didn't know how long he had been gone and didn‘t know how he was going to explain it.  If he was honest with himself he didn't really care to explain it.  He opened the door and before his feet touched the ground she was flying out the door, Jordan following close behind her.  He knelt down and let his son run to him.  When Jordan finally got there he wrapped his arms around his little boy and picked him up.  When he looked up at Amy he could tell she was pissed. 

         "Where the hell have you been?  Last time I checked it didn't take five hours to clean that piece of shit truck.  What bitch are you fucking now?"

         He looked at her and tried to be mad, but after the day he had just had he couldn't wipe the smile off his face.  He set his son back down on the ground.

         "Hey buddy why don't you go find grandma and see what she's doing."  He said giving his son a kiss.  He watched the toddler run towards the house.

         "Amy I don't want to hear you right now.  All you do is bitch and when your not bitching your lying and let me tell you it's getting old Amy."  He told her walking away.  He paused and turned back around to face her "Oh yeah, don't ever talk bad about me in front of my son again.  I‘m not going to let you turn our problems into his."  He gave her one last look and went in the house.

         His mother was in the kitchen cooking with Jordan on the floor beside her playing with his cars.  "Noah, son your messing up.  That woman is the mother of your child.  Granted that's all she has going for her.  I thought you were going to try to make it work with her.  For Jordan's sake."

         "I know I was mom, but we just can't get along.  If its not me yelling its her, and that's not good for Jordan either.  I don't think we're going to be together that much longer.  Plus if I tried to make it work with all my babies mamas I would have to become a Mormon, and you don‘t want that."  He said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

         His mom glared at him for a second and sighed.  "That's not funny Noah.  Learn to keep your dick in your pants and you wouldn't have that problem.  And if you and Amy can't make it work then you need to get your shit together.  Don't give her any ammunition she can use to take this little boy."

         "I know mom, trust me I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Nicole and Charlotte were on their third game of pool when her cell phone rang.  She ran to it hoping it was Noah and swore when she saw that it was a private caller.  That could only be one of two people.  The back stabbing bitch Amy, or the control freak Tommy calling from rehab. 

         "Hello."

         She heard the sound of a female crying on the other line.  She had been expecting it.  The dumb ass still called her every time her and Noah got into a fight.  She always figured it was more to rub the fact that the two of them were together in Nicole's face then to actually have someone to console her.  She looked at Charlotte and answered the phone. 

         "He such an asshole.  He fucking someone else Nicole I know he is.'

         Nicole's heart sped up she covered it with her hand.  It was beating so hard she was scared Amy might hear it over the phone.  She gave Charlotte a look letting her know to be quite and put her phone on speaker so the other girl could hear.  "Why do you say that?  What did he do?"

         "He told me he was going to go to the car wash and came back five hours later.  He‘s a fucking liar.  I don‘t care who you are it doesn‘t take that long to wash a truck.  Nicole your so lucky you have Tommy.  He so in love with you."

         Nicole looked over at Charlotte, and rolled her eyes.  Amy had pushed her a Tommy together as away to keep Nicole and Noah apart. 

"Yeah well Tommy isn't all he cracked up to be, and we aren't together.  Remember we broke up over a month ago.  He just went to rehab I was actually scared you were him cause he wont stop calling, and his number rings up private too." 

         "Don't worry ya'll will work out.  You two are meant to be.  I told you that when you were still with the dumb ass I‘m with now." 

         Nicole knew the statement was another attempt to remind her that Amy had Noah instead of herself.  Oh if the dumb bitch only knew she thought unable to keep the smile from forming on her face.

         "Whatever you say.  Anyway back to your problem. Do you have any idea who he was with?"

         "Probably just some ugly, stupid, whore.  Why does he do this?  We're suppose to get married next month and now he's doing this."

         Nicole's smiled formed once again as she recognized another one of her lies.  They weren't going to get married.  Amy had told her that probably a million times in the past three years.  Always while they were fighting and always to make Nicole jealous.  At first it did, but after she kept saying it and they never got married Nicole started recognizing it as a load of bullshit.

         "I thought you told me not to long ago you didn‘t want to marry him.  You know cause you said he was an ass and all that other stuff."  Nicole said recalling a conversation they had about a month ago. 

         "I didn't think I did, but now I'm not sure.  I think I really love him now.  He was starting to changed Nicole.  I know he love me, I just don‘t understand why he does stuff like this."  Amy replied crying louder.  Nicole had come to ignore the crying knowing it was just another act she used to get sympathy she didn't deserve.

         "Look sweetie I wish I could talk but Sean just woke up and he's hungry so can you call me later?"  She asked as she peeked in on her sleeping son in the other room.

         "Sure I think he said something about going out with Luke tonight.  Probably just another lie to go see her again.  I‘ll call you when he leaves."

         "Alright I'll talk to you later then.  Bye."  Nicole said hanging up before Amy could reply.

         Charlotte gave her an I told you so face.  "I knew this was going to happen.  Now you have to play counselor to that bitch when you're the ugly, stupid, whore fucking him, and then I'm going to have to play counselor to you cause you're a dumb ass."

         Nicole looked at her in mock anger.  "Damn you red heads are get mouthy now, and I resent that.  I‘ll give you that I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box but, I'm not ugly, I'm not a whore, and most importantly I'm not fucking him." 
         
         She became serious and looked at her friend.  "Look I can't come out and be obvious about anything.  I don't want her to up and run with Jordan.  I love Noah and he loves that little boy so sue me if I feed her a little bit of bullshit.  Frankly she deserves a dose of her own medicine."

         Charlotte just shook her head.  "Why do I see this ending badly?"  She said more to herself then to Nicole.  "Oh, and what the fuck are you going to do when she calls you to bitch about him, and your sitting right next to him?"

         Nicole looked at her friend.  Did Charlotte honestly think she hadn‘t already thought of that.  Nicole was a master at not getting caught in any sticky situations as long as you ignore the whole getting pregnant at sixteen thing. 

         "I have a very easy solution to that problem."

         "Oh really?  Then why don't you explain this very easy solution you speak of."

         "Oh ye of little faith.  I just set it up.  ‘Yeah well Tommy isn't all he cracked up to be and we aren't together.  Remember we broke up over a month ago.  He just went to rehab I was actually scared you were him cause he wont stop calling, and his number rings up private too.'  So all I have to do is ignore her call and when I actually do answer I can tell her I thought she was Tommy and I didn't want to talk to him cause we were fighting.  Half the time she says she's going to call me back she doesn't.  It'll be like stealing candy from a baby."

         Charlotte looked at her dumbfounded.  "You know your going to hell right.  Even worse your going to be the devils right hand man when you get there."

         "Yeah well someone has to do the job."  Nicole said bending over the pool table to take her shot.














Chapter Three

         Nicole and Noah were in his truck parked outside Charlottes house while everyone else was inside playing pool.  They had gone out to eat and let Sean run around and play for awhile.  She was just staring at him thinking about how unreal the days events had been.  She was also thinking about the fact that he had to go home tomorrow.  She had tried to keep those thoughts at a distance all night but now that it was coming to an end they came rushing back.

         Noah looked at her and saw the conflict on her face.  "What's wrong?  And I swear if you tell me nothing I will throw you out of the truck and drive away."  He threatened smiling.

         She smiled back at him and looked down.  "I just don't want you to leave tomorrow.  And it doesn't help that she's going home with you.  I just wish you could stay here and be with us."  She told him starting to feel guilty.

         He looked at her for a few seconds before taking her hand.  "I've already told you I don't love her anymore.  The only reason she's going is Jordan and you know that.  If I could stay I would, but I can't.  I have to go to work and make money that way when I come down next weekend we can go out again.  I'll call you everyday I promise."

         She looked him in those gorgeous brown eyes and held back tears.  "I guess I'm just scared.  We've tried this so many times and something always gets in the way.  I feel like after you go home we'll fall apart."

         "Listen to me okay.  This time is different.  We've both grown up, and I'm not going to let anything get in the way this time.  I promise you when I get everything set up I'll leave her and I'll bring you home where you belong."  He said before bringing her in for a kiss.

         When his lips touched hers all the negative things rushed out of her head, and all she could think about was his tongue and the way it slid past her lips and teased her own tongue.  As she closed her eyes she felt his strong hands come to her side lifting her up and moving her to his lap.  She opened her legs so she could easily straddle him.  When he put her down she felt his erection through his pants and let out an involuntary gasp.  Settling herself on him she rocked her hips back in forth increasing her hunger for him.  Breaking their kiss he lifted her shirt over her head and pulled her breasts out of her bra.  She moaned as he teased her nipple before finally putting in his mouth and sucking on it.  While he caressed her other breast with his left hand he took his right hand and slowly started moving it up her leg and under her skirt.  This was what she loved about him.  He teased her till she thought she would explode.  She felt his fingers move her underwear out of the way and just barley rub against the tip of her clit.

         Not being able to take it anymore she quickly moved her hand to his and directed his fingers where she yearned for them.  Breaking their kiss she looked at him a breathlessly begged.  "Please.  Please I need it." 

         With that he quickly moved his fingers inside of her.  She moaned feeling him get harder underneath her.  "Damn baby your so wet."  He said in a low voice.

         "I've wanted this all day.  Every since I first laid eyes on you again."  She said  rocking herself on his fingers making the penetration deeper moving her hands to the button of his pants undoing it and slowly unzipping him.  When she moved his boxers out of the way and revealed his penis she closed her eyes and ran the tip of her fingers across the tip of his head.  "I want you Noah.  I want you in me.  I need it."

         Noah moved his hands away from her pussy and directed her to him.  She gasped when he entered her and slowly moved all the way down.  Getting a feel for what she had missed so long.  He placed his hands on her hips and guided her till they found a good rhythm. 

         Her head was swirling as she moved up and down over him savoring the feeling of him fully penetrating her again and again until she finally felt herself being brought over the edge.  She lost all control and he started moving her faster and harder until she felt his hands tighten on her hips and they both came to climax.

         They sat there with him still in her both exhausted.  She laid her head on his shoulder and he rapped his arms around her.  She closed her eyes and relished this moment.  This was what she had been looking for.  This was happiness and she had missed it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Noah was pissed.  That dumb bitch had stolen his wallet.  When he stopped at the payphone and tried to call Nicole his phone card, her number and all of his money was gone.  His cell phone was out of minutes so he couldn't use that either.  Now Nicole was probably at home pissed at him.  When he got to the drive way he didn't even slow down.  He left the truck on and ran inside happy to see Jordan was asleep. 

         He went to the kitchen finding Amy standing there.  "Where the hell is all my shit Amy."

         She looked at him feigning innocence.  "What stuff Noah.  Oh you must mean Nicole's number.  Yeah I used your phone card to call her last night.  Why do you even have her number Noah.  She doesn't want you.  She told me herself last night.  She's over you.  Why can't you just accept the fact that she's my friend and she's not ever going to go back to you?"

         Noah looked at her furious.  "You know what Amy a bunch of shit is fixing to blow up in your face and I can't wait for it."

         "Oh really like what Noah."

         "Like the fact that when I told you I was out washing my truck I was really out with Nicole all day, and guess what else, I fucked her later that night in the front seat of my truck."  He said before he turned around and walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         I was Tuesday afternoon and she was sitting with Charlotte waiting for Noah to call.  She missed him like crazy but just like he had promised he had called her everyday, except today.  She had expected his call thirty minutes ago.  She hoped there wasn't a problem. 

         Last night Amy had called her from a pay phone bragging about how she had stolen Noah's wallet and truck to call her.  It had hurt Nicole to laugh at everything Amy said, but she knew she had to.  She just had to remember to tell Noah about it when he called.  If he called.

         Just as she was about to give up hope she heard the phone ring.  Smiling at Charlotte she got up and ran to the phone but when she looked at caller id she didn‘t recognize the number.  That was weird.  He must be calling her from somewhere else today.  Oh well she thought as she turned the phone on and put it to her ear.

         "How could you do this to me Nicole.  I trusted you, I thought you were my friend."  She heard Amy scream into the phone. 

         Nicole's heart stopped.  Oh shit she knew, but how.  Nicole looked at Charlotte panicking.  The other girl gave her a puzzled look.

         Nicole said the only thing she could think of.  "What are you talking about Amy?"

         "Stop playing stupid Nicole.  He told me everything.  About being with you Saturday.  And that ya'll had sex.  How could you.  I even called you crying.  Why did you do this to me.  I've never done anything to you."

         Her last statement pissed Nicole off and she lost it.  "Okay first I'm not doing anything to you I'm doing this for me.  I love him.  And second how can you say you've never hurt me?  Do you not remember how you viciously lied your ass off and stole Noah from me.  Or how about the fact that my son has spent the past two years without his daddy cause you wont let Noah see him."  With that being said Nicole hung up the phone petrified that she had just confessed. 

         "Oh shit what the hell did I just do Charlotte?  She knew, how did she know?"  She was rambling.

What if Noah hadn't told Amy about them?  Before she could even process her next thought the phone rang again.  Again it was another number she didn't recognize.  She looked at her friend and almost didn't answer it.

         "Hello"

         "I'm so sorry I'm so late calling you."  She heard Noah say.

         "What the hell is going on Noah.  Amy just called and cussed me out.  Did you really tell her."  Nicole said really freaking out now.

         "I didn't mean to she just pissed me off so much I blurted it out.  She found your number in my wallet last night and she was telling me how she called you and how you told her you would never be with me again and all this other stuff." 

         Nicole heard the hurt in his voice and calmed down.  "I'm sorry I didn't mean any of it.  She called me last night and she brought it up and I had to tell her something."

         "Its okay I know."  He said reassuring her she had done the right thing.

         Nicole heard the calling waiting beep in and looked at the caller id.  "Shit Amy's calling again what do I do.'

         "Nothing just ignore her.  I'll go home and handle this.  I love you and I'll call you tomorrow."

         "I love you too."  Nicole said hanging up the phone and looking at Charlotte.

         Charlotte looked at her with sympathy.  "Come on Nicole everything is going to be okay.  I saw the way he looked at you Saturday.  There's no way he's going to let this come between ya'll.  It was obvious even to me that he loves you."  She said trying to calm the other girl down.

         "I hope your right Charlotte.  I really do."
© Copyright 2008 Jennifer Charlene (nhough1013 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422291-Follow-Your-Heart