*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421073-Segue-to-the-Night
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1421073
A man is confronted by his wife.
"Honey, what are you doing?"

"Well, I--"

"Is that my money?"

"I can explain--"

"Not again! You're not going-"

"-I'm not going to do anything!"

"You're going to go off and buy more drugs, aren't you?"

"Well, I- so what if I am? It's my money! I can do whatever I want with it!"

"But- but James, you know how it affects the kids."

"I don't care about the kids, don't you see?"

"How can you say that?"

"They just get in my way, what with their precious 'food', their little 'school', and their so-called 'problems'! They think they're the only ones with problems around here, and I'm tired of them alway getting in the way of me and my acid! You got it?!"

"You- James- you're not serious. You're not thinking straight."

"The crap I ain't!"

"James, why don't you just lie down and--"

"No! You think it's just the kids I'm tired of? It's you, too! Sure, you take care of the kids and everything- but you BRING NO MONEY INTO THE HOUSE! Plus, you keep yelling at me for MY LIFE- my drugs- and I'm tired of it!"

"I caught you stealing from your mother, your friends, and now me. And I said nothing, only QUIT THE DRUGS. So now, it's my turn to be angry. James, I'm leaving, and I'm taking the kids with me. And you can expect the divorce papers soon, because I can see that nothing will convince you to give up your precious drugs."

"Good- good riddance! I don't need you- I don't need any- anybody! Just you wait- I'll get you and your kids back! You don't know me Laura, not really, and what I can do-"

"Oh, don't I? I know what 'you can do'. You can do anything you can to get what you want, be it candy- or- the sun! You don't know when to stop and-"

"I know it's time to stop THIS marriage- oh, I can't wait for the papers to get here. Leaving already? Great! Now I can be ALONE! YOU'LL ALL REGRET WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY LIFE!"

The End

~C
© Copyright 2008 Without (casesensitive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421073-Segue-to-the-Night