*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420880-when-east-meets-west-part-1
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1420880
it is a story of two contrasting personalities that collide into a perfect love story.
It was just a typical practice day at the glee club when a text message arrived to mourese, he was 15 at that time. His new textmate was a girl, not long enough; Mourese disliked her because of not telling the truth about who she really was.

The issue: there were a group of girls(the new textmate was not included) made a prank joke to him, and it was a total mess that she was forced to cover things up in order for mourese to forget what happened before; in short, the girl became the scapegoat.

But the girl tried her best to make it up with him and then she told everything he has to know. Later on they become friends, just friends. Soon, they talked a lot, shared stories and even cried to each other. One day, they were talking about bestfriends and she told that she was betrayed by her bestfriend and eversince he never had; she wished that his new bestfriend would be a guy. and so Mourese told her, "could I be your new bestfriend?". Secretly, the girl smiled and was so happy because at that moment she felt the spark. She said "oh my, that would be so great, love yah bes!". Everything was going well until that faithful day when her phone was robbed by their maid, since then, communication became a farce. He could not call her everyday because her parents would only interrogate him everytime he makes a call. Emails and friendster were the safe ways to communicate; problem: she does not regularly opens them!

So for almost a year, he has not heard anything from her, so he had to live a life of his own. And in that so called "life of his own", he entered into a relationship that changed the course of his life. it was illegal and his parents displayed an attitude of dismay towards Mourese. Her name is Michelle(not a real name), she was a mascom student and 20 years old at that time.

After, a lot of deceit and lies in which came to a point wherein Mourese has to choose between his family and her; they broke up, informally a week before christmas 2006. And at that time, it was his periodical exam. He told to himself, "if i fail even in my studies and ive just let my parents win about me". So he studied hard and when he received the results after the christmas break, he was surprised; garnering 5 out 7 subject as highest pointer in the examination.

But before that, during the christmas break, mourese met a girl; her name was Chiara(not a real name). and he fell in love with her, but unfortunately, it vturned out to be a rebound relationship in which he did not expect.

Early march, Mourese' bestfriend finally texted her; after a long period without communication, they decided to meet in her fair, for the first time. but there is a catch, Mourese is still with Chiara. so he asked permission from Chiara in which he gracefully allowed him. During the fair, though it was their first time to actually meet, they become comfortable to each other as mourese went on his cuddles to her bestfriend and at a certain point, they were left alone, it rained and ran over a near hut wherein he sung a song for her and after that, they hugged so tightly. Mourese said, "lets stay like this for five minutes". He felt love, the real love that according to him was out of the fridge and has been re-heated. He had no expectations that day, until it was time to say goodbye. they both left with a big smile.

Since then, they talked every night and until mourese volunteered to help them make their project. things opened up for them. The following day, he gave a white rose(her favorite). later that evening, they had a chat over yahoo messenger. Mourese now confessed his feeling for her, slightly... Then she asked "what about Chiara? she's your girl right?" he paused and think of what he will say. then he said "huh? there is nothing between us." Then she said "what? why did you not tell this earlier, i am so confussed". "do you really want to know what i feel?". after that reply, my heart started to beat as fast as a bullet train, i was nervous for i might be rejected. but then she said...

"I LIKE YOU VERY VERY MUCH!" and when he had read that, he fell of his chair with disbelief and a shed of tear. Unfortunately, he had two problems; first, he is not over Michelle. and second he is with Chiara. He has to choose!. he was so confussed.

He told this story to his seatmate, Joe. He said "its not your fault and karma wont come on your way(because mourese was a date doctor and not a player). its just that things happen for a reason, but you will have you and only you can make the best decision for those two girls."

and that night, he broked up with chiara but he told her it was due from his time(the worst excuse of men!). Mourese make sured that she was okay, comforted and ready to accept, after that, he slowly parted away from her(until now, he has not talked to her).

Now, he faces his bestfriend. both of them are afraid to loose each other, so instead, they remaind best of friends so they could deeply know each other. Mourese was full of guilt at that time.

During summer, it was the time of recovery from his relationship with Michelle. there were days werein he woke up with tears in his eyes.

After his recovery(it took him 8months).. he said to her "I am now ready to give myself to you". August 29 marked the date wherein they were called as one.

© Copyright 2008 permata (ellimac989 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420880-when-east-meets-west-part-1