*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418220-He-Loved-You
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Experience · #1418220
A couple long gone
"Hello, Erik?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"It's me, Cara."
 
"Oh"
 
"You don't have my number anymore?"
 
"I deleted you off my phone..."
 
"Okay... Erik, we need to talk."
 
"Actions speak louder than words. I have to get in the shower, anyways, I have a long day tomorrow. We can talk later."
 
"No I really can't."
 
"Are you with him?"
 
"Who?"
 
"You know who- curly haired guy from work."
 
"Dennis."
 
"Yeah, that prick. Are you with him?"
 
"I wasn't calling about him."
 
"Well I really have to go anyways, and frankly I have no idea what you're calling me about. We haven't talked since that happened. I haven't wanted to talk to you."
 
"You know, that hurts still."
 
"Why are you calling me?"
 
"Remember when we were first dating? You took me camping in Wisconsin and we shared some amazing nights together-"
 
"Why in God's name would you talk about that?
 
"I'm not finished, well one of those nights you said something that I couldn't get out of my head our whole entire relationship and I need to share it with you."
 
"What did I say?"
 
"You said that you were... incapable of loving. That you'd never been in love and didn't think there was a chance you ever would be."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"I stayed with you because I thought if I was with someone who was incapable of love, they'd be incapable of breaking my heart. Erik, I thought I was safe with you only because of that."
 
"You're saying that's the only reason you stayed with me? I said I was incapable of love, that had to have been two years ago!"
 
"No I know, but I started to fall in love with you."
 
"I know."
 
"It took you well over a year to be able to say you loved me, but that day you told me you were incapable of love, I felt I loved you more than I could ever love anyone."
 
"We were dating for like three months!"
 
"I know, it was crazy, I was ready to do it all for you. I really was, but you weren't there with me, so I waited, and I didn't just wait, I WAITED. For years, trying to freeze my love so you'd have time to catch up and it was nearly two years until you could love me the same, but it was too late!"
 
"You were having an affair. Don't blame this on waiting for me!"
 
"No I'm not, it's not your fault, but I had to give my love to someone and I couldn't lose you!"
 
"He loved you?"
 
"He could at least say it."
 
"You're pathetic, you wasted my time. Goodbye."
© Copyright 2008 Brittany (homeless_brit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418220-He-Loved-You