*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417567-Run-Away
by Aly
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1417567
A story that puts myself into my char's situation.
I leaned against my wall, trying my best to pretend I wasn't here, in this place, again. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I could hear him, yelling I just wanted to disappear, melt into this wall, and never come out again. I could hear him the footsteps heavy on the stairs. Fear filled me, I had to leave, and I couldn't stay. I grabbed the worn blue jacket I had got for Christmas some years back. I unplugged my phone and some money and stashed it in the jacket's pocket. I opened my white, double-hung window and clambered into the bushes.
I closed the window and ran, I ran as fast as I could to Kristy's house. I could almost see Brandon running into my room and seeing the lack of me being there. I knocked on Kristy's door, she could tell by the way my eyes were solid green and tears streamed down my face, something was wrong.
"Oh God, Aly-cat, what happened?" She let me in and touched the black and blue bruise on my cheek tenderly. She handed me a phone, her eyes swelling with tears.
"You promised, you promised you'd leave the next time this happened. Please, please love." She sat next to me on the shabby, worn dog-haired covered couch. She held my hands in hers, the phone practically burning through my skin.
"Alright," I nodded and pulled away. I dialed my Dad's number and waited while it rang. A dreaded knock on the door made me run into her parent's room. I tried to be as silent as possible while I spoke to Dad who just picked up.
"Where is she Kristy?" that voice, it made me cringe.
"I haven't seen her Brandon." The defiant voice made me feel a little better; Kristy wouldn't let him hurt me anymore.
"Saw her run here. Where the hell is she?" I started to shake; I could see him yelling at her.
"Ran off after she explained you beat the crap out of her again." She's being too bold; he's going to hit her!
"She's lying again the little-"
"Leave," He wouldn't listen to her demands, I know this. I've dated him for years, living in his little two-bedroom apartment.
"Excuse me?" His teeth were clenched; I dare to peek out from the doorway a little to see him, halfway in the door.
"Get off my property in the next ten seconds or I'll call the cops."
"You wouldn't dare." A whisper, I had to read his lips to know what he said. He started to look around and I pulled inside the room.
"One...two..." I heard the door slam and crawled out of my hiding spot. I hit the ‘end' button on the phone.
"He'll be here in an hour." Kristy sat down on the couch and pulled me towards her.
"Promise me you'll never go back to his house. Promise." I nodded, after getting out I won't go back in.
"Why did you stay with him Aly?" Tears slid down my cheeks as I sat next to her.
"Because I didn't think I deserved any better."
© Copyright 2008 Aly (coeurmou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417567-Run-Away