*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409966-The-Vampire-Game
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Drama · #1409966
A random story I wrote for a writing contest.
I pulled myself up off the cold floor and looked at him. This man of evil was staring at me from across the dark desolate room. I knew that I was here to die; I knew that he was going to be the one to kill me since I opened my eyes in this darkness. My killer had brought me here in the middle of the night; to kill me. I took a deep breath knowing it may be my last. Watching him I could tell he was sitting very still, not even breathing, just staring; staring at me. It was then I wondered if I would be dinner, or was three in the morning lunch for vampires? Whatever it is, I knew that I would die tonight by his hands…er….teeth.
Taking another deep breath I wiped all emotion off my face, or at least I hoped. Glaring at him even now sitting very still, I decided to end this now.
“Come on already!” I yelled. This little game of his was old already. He smiled a little crooked smile and I caught a small glimpse of his white teeth. I knew they wouldn’t be white long; they would soon be stained red. While I was staring at him I blinked, and then he was gone. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand on my right shoulder; it sent shivers down my spin. The floor felt much warmer compared to his touch. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and waited for death to swallow me whole.
As quickly as he had come, he was gone. I opened my eyes; he wasn’t in the chair in front of me, or behind me. Looking around the room I couldn’t see him at all, where could he have gone? I knew that if I tried to escape it would be pointless; he is here somewhere. Continually looking around the room, I backed myself up waiting to hit the wall. It felt like I was getting close to the wall when I bumped into something, but it wasn’t the wall; it was him. Jumping three feet in the air I screamed loudly not expecting him to be there. I turned around and fell backwards onto the floor. My heart began to regain pulsing when he smiled again. He reached out his hand towards me; it appeared he wanted to help me up off the floor. With nothing left to lose I accepted it and was quickly and violently raised off the floor. I thought about biting my tongue, and then again decided I had nothing left to lose.
“Do you always play with your food like this, can’t you just get it over with?” I snapped at him. Maybe he just needed some provoking to murder me. Scowling at him I cocked my head to the side showing my neck, I slapped it with my hand. “Doesn’t it look good? Come on you know you want to, just do it already!” I yelled. Rolling up the sleeves to my shirt I showed my deep blue veins, and scowled at him once again.
I was almost knocked backwards by his laughter as it hit me in the face. Once again that mouth of his curled up into that crooked little smile. This undead monster began to circle me using slow, deliberate steps, circling me twice. He stopped right behind me, again placing his cold hand upon my shoulder.
I could feel death lurching forward to devour me whole and it was very close. My personal executioner placed his left hand on the side of my head and pushed slightly. It hurt bending my neck to the side like that, in a way that it wasn’t meant to bend. Once again closely my eyes I took a deep breath, waiting for death, welcoming it. I could feel his teeth flare as they got closer to my neck, and soon the sharp points of them scraped my flesh. As that last breath still sat in my lungs, his murder weapons priced my skin. The breath that I was once holding on to fell out of my mouth as my blood began to leave my body. With every beat of my heart, I could feel my soul slowly leaving my body, pulse by pulse. I was beginning to fall to the floor, gasping but not fighting, when it happened.
My eyes flew open and I sat up screaming, my book flying to the foot of my bed. Hearing my scream, my mother came running into my bedroom and flicked on the light.
“Are you ok?” she asked rushing over to my bed. A cold sweat beaded down my forehead. I nodded to her as she picked up the book from the end of my bed. She closed the book and looked at the cover, then at me. “Maybe you should stop reading Bram Stoker before bed, ok?” Again I nodded; then my mother got up turned out the light and closed the door. There I was, left to slip back into the reins of an evil vampire, and an even more evil dream.
© Copyright 2008 A Wilted Rose (awiltedrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409966-The-Vampire-Game