*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409472-His-new-Angel
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1409472
Erik begins a new life with a new love.
Chapter One
Erik walked through his secret passage behind the shatterd mirror closeing the curtain behind him and entered  into the dark tunnels under the now burning Opera Populaire. He stoped dead in his tracks because he thought he heard footsteps behind him. But when he turned around all he could see was the rats running across the damp stone floor. Erik leaned against the wall and slowly sank to the floor with his face in his hands and he slowly began to sob. He just lost the one person that meant the world to him because she didnt love him back she loved the frican Viscount de Chagney! He looked up to the ceiling with his hands balled into fists and began screaming
" Why couldn't she love me! Why did i have to let her go i should of snaped his little neck when i had the chance!! GOD DAMNIT why did you make such a monster god? what did i do to deserve this?"
Erik droped his head and hands to the floor and just sat there and cried until all was left was dry silent sobs of pain and aguish. He knew he couldn't stay in here for long or he would go mad and god only knows what that mob did to his home. So He stood up, brushed off his pants and shirt and continued down the long damp and dark tunnel until he finally reached outside near the stables. Erik walked out of the stables and through a dark ally near the opera house that was now black and burned nearly to the ground. He looked back only once to say a silent good bye to his past. He lost his home and most importantly he didn't have his mask and now that evryone had got a good look at the disfigured monster known as the Opera Ghost because of Christine unmasking him during Don Juan he had to leave Paris. Forever.
Erik was halfway down another dark ally near the bakers shop when he heard silent cries comeing from somewhere in the distance. He followed the cries until they got louder and closer until he found the source of the cries. When he looked down Erik couldnt believe what his eyes showed him. At his feet was a small girl laying on her side with her knees pressed tightly to her chest and dirt and blood covering her everywhere. Erik knealt down beside her as he tried to get a closer look as to who she was or try to see how old she was. As he got closer all he could see was skin and bones she looked so fragile who could harm someone this small? He knew the last thing to do was to bring a girl with him but he was not about to leave her outside in the cold all by herself to die. He gently sliped his arms under the small girls frame and lifted her into his muscular arms and she didnt even stir. She must be unconcious he thought. But Erik only had one small problem where was he going to take her? He didn't even know where he would go. Even though it would kill him he headed back to his home under the opera house. But he had to be careful to make sure none of the police man found him. As he quietly aproached the opera house he heard the marching steps of what sounded like tenty police man and he ducked into the shadows of the night with the unconcious child in his arms until it was all clear.
  Erik entered through the way he came out near the stables. He then began the long journey back to his home. As he got closer, he stoped to listen if anyone was still in there but all he heard was the waves of the lake rocking the small gondala. When he was sure the coast was clear he walked back into his home through the mirror. As he entered he noticed everything was the way he left it even the glass from the mirrors was still on the floor crunching with each step he took. Erik walked across his home to the swan bed and placed the small girl under the red blankets where Christine had sleapt her first night in his home. Erik went into his small kitchen adn gathered a couple of cloths and a bowl of warm water and some bandages and entered the room. He pulled a chair next to the bed and pulled back the blanket. She was so dirty and there was so much dry blood that he could not even see where her injuries were. So he began slowly and lightly cleaning her face then her erms and finally her legs of all the dirt. He didn't know if that was all of them but he didnt dare go under her dress. As he finished cleaning her and bandageing each cut he put the supplies back on the tray and brought it back into the kitchen. He then sat back down in the chair and looked at the girl with all the dirt gone he thought he was looking at the face of a angel. She had beautiful almost porcilan looking skin. Pink lips and long black hair that layed spread out on the pillow. As Erik went to brush away a loose curl that fell over his eyes he whispered to himself " who could hurt such an angel?"
and as he touched her face ever so softly the girls eyelids flew open and she gasped in suprise. Erik almost fell back in the chair from her sudden reaction. He thought it was to his face when he went to cover his right side he remembered when he went in the kitched he put the mask back on and relized he probably just frightend her.  The girl sat up and looked straight into Eriks blue eyes when she spoke.
"Where am I? and who are you? how did i get here? how long have i been here?"
After Erik relized his face was covered he sat back down in the chair and began to naswer the girls questions one by one.
"You are in my home you may call me Erik and I brought you here after i found you barely alive in a ally and lastly you have only been here for a few hours."
After Erik answered the girls questions she began to relax and tried to remember what happend to her. Thats when she rememberd how she ended up in the ally. She was home alone with her step father and he raped her and when her mother came home and the girl told her what happend she called her a lier and a whore and beagn to beat her until she was nearly dead and then threw her outside and she somehow made it to an ally away from home. She shutterd and tried not to cry as she thought of her abusive family when Eriks angelic voice brought her out of her thoughts.
" Madamosielle what is your name and how old are you?"

" My name is Rosalie and im seventeen."

Erik got up with the introduction out of the way he knew she must be hungary. And he was a bit hungry to but he could wait.
"Would you like some soup you need some meat on your tiny bones."
Rosealie looked down at her time figure adn relized how hungry she was "Oh yes monsiur that would be wonderful."
Erik left the room and told Rosealie to stay in bed and he would be back in a minute.
Soon after he re enterd the room with a bowl, napkin and spoon on a tray and placed it on her lap as he sat back down in the chair. Rosealie began to eat it as if she hadnt eaten in days which true. Not even five minutes later she handed Erik the bowl." Thank you monsiur. That was wonderful." Erik got up and brought the bowl and tray back into the kitchen without saying a word and came back in.
"Well you should get some sleep when you wake i will show you my home. You are welcome to stay here as long as you please."
"Thank you monsiur."
"Please call me Erik." And he left the room as Rosealie got comfortable in th bed and began to drift off in a dreamless slumber.
"Thank you Erik." She whispered and finally slipt into complete darkness.
© Copyright 2008 artist in training (daae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409472-His-new-Angel