*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408914-Random-Cat
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1408914
By far, one of the funniest mornings I've ever had.
So here's a good laugh for all of you.
Yesterday, Anna and I were doing some house work and we decided that the house needed to be "aired out" so we locked Bam and Delilah in Anna's room and we opened all the doors for several hours while we were cleaning.
I left around 7 last night to do coffee with Ami, Nick, Wade, and Kyle and when I got home around 10 we closed everything back up (Anna was at home the whole time).
So we both take our cats into our bedrooms and go to bed. At like 5:30 this morning I let Bam out of my room to eat, go to the bathroom etc and I closed my door. At 7:30 this morning Anna runs into my room exclaiming RANDOM ASS CAT IS ON MY BED AND I CAN'T FIND BAM OR DELILAH!!! Ok so panic sets in and I fly out of bed. We start screaming for our cats and find Delilah under Anna's bed.... WITH THE RANDOM CAT!! She is being all big and bad but she came to me when I called for her. Ok one cat down. Where is Bam?! So I am upset, because that cat is like my baby, seriously. I am freaking out and we put Delilah in my bathroom so she can't get near the random cat. I am running all over the house and Anna and I are frantically searching for Bam. We find him in Anna's bath tub. Hovering in a corner. It broke my heart. No joke. So I get Bam and I put him in the bathroom with Delilah and now we focus on the task at hand. Getting random cat out of my god damned house.
So Random cat is under Anna's bed (which is huge) and we're trying to get him to come to one side.... doesn't work he just stays put. So I tell Anna to get a broom (cats worst nightmare) and I start poking at this cat and he finally gets out from under the bed; however he is scared to death of us now and so he runs frantically around the house. He tried to go out the way he came in but the glass door was closed and therefore he ran right into it!! I was cracking up. So finally I prop the door open and Anna and I attack from opposite directions and he runs out the door.
You'd think this was the end of it right? Nope.
Delilah has what Freud likes to call "Napoleon Complex" she bursts out of the bathroom like she is the biggest bad ass on the planet and is scouring the house looking for Random Cat. She is attacking anything and everything and poor Bam (who is twice Delilah's size) is terrified and hid behind me for like the next several hours. Seriously. I had a few more hours to sleep and he curled right up against me until I left. He even layed on the bathroom rug while I showered.
Moral of the story-If you are going to "air out" your house.... keep a close watch at all doors. End of story.


A Norris and Magyver Production



© Copyright 2008 VL Briggs (valerieb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408914-Random-Cat