*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407175-Ive-Seen-God-Weep
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1407175
This was written as a response to "Why did God let this happen to me?"
I have seen God weep
through the tears of a 5 yr old, as he described his older relative put his “turtle in my butt.”
this sweet little boy couldn't look me in the eye when he spoke...I wanted to weep, too.

I have seen God weep
As, the 15 yr old recalled her step-father giving her permission to go to the mall with her friends...only after she did her 'chores'—sometimes intercourse, sometimes her 'chore' wasn't so bad, only had to give him head then...I wanted to weep, too.

I have seen God weep
with the 55 yr old man sobbing as he painfully remembered how his uncle would tie his hands behind his back with chicken wire from the farm, and rape him anally. He's wondering why he's had 3 failed marriages and has difficulty trusting people...I wanted to weep, too.

I have seen God weep
When the woman in my office sobs because she believes it's her fault she 'allowed' her brothers to rape her when she was seven years old... “I think I allowed them to do that to me because I so desperately wanted them to love me.”...I wanted to weep, too.

I have seen God weep
When the father of a little boy who was raped realizes his son's perpetrator is his own father...I wanted to weep, too.

I have seen God weep; I've wept as well.
© Copyright 2008 beautifulwarrior (brendabryan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407175-Ive-Seen-God-Weep