*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403165-Darr-Shaw-Part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1403165
Darr' Shaw goes for a run
Darr-Shaw (still savoring the taste of blood in her mouth) turned her back to the corpse of the deer and crouched as low as her muscles would allow. She waited until she felt maximum strain in her legs and stomach. As soon as her point of full potential was reached, she instantly leaped forward in a flash of speed and dexterity.

Her figure was hidden now in a mix of speed and jungle brush. All she was, was a blur of perfect agility and perfection in balance. Every muscle was perfectly balanced between relaxed and tense, every breath controlled and timed to the rhythm of her paws beating the dry earth beneath her.

Darr-Shaw braced herself for what she knew lied ahead and she cracked a smirk from her muzzle. She ran forward, pushing every muscle in her body to give more than they could withstand until the perfect moment where the forest cleared just for a moment, in which Darr threw herself sideways into the clearing, where she skidded for a good 5 feet. She could feel every rock beneath her paws. She could smell the dust as it rose up from underneath her feet as she used the momentum from her sprint to propel her body exactly where it needed to be.

As soon as the momentum of the slide broke, the black leopardess immediately bolted completely silently, muscles flexed and fur flowing over them like water over pebbles in a brook. The air cold as it rushed by, creating a low but buzzing sound in her ears.

Before she knew it, the tribe cave was in front of her coming in closer and closer. She stopped herself a few feet from the entrance and just stood there, waiting. She stopped and looked at the cave entrance with a face of reluctance and spite of the past that the walls held and locked away in their stone minds. She slowly walked into the cave, found and empty corner in a dark indent in the walls of the cave, curled up comfortably and fell into another early morning of dreamless sleep.
© Copyright 2008 Leos Vires (leos_vires at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403165-Darr-Shaw-Part-3