*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399697-Enialis-Black-Moa-blurb
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1399697
This is just a small blurb I wrote while bored.
Her purfume tantilized my senses, her figure stopped me dead in my tracks. I walked to her so smoothly it seemed as if I was gliding on air. She told me her troubles and I promised I'd make them all go away. With a sly smirk and a charismic smile I wisked her away, and from that point on my future was decided. I'd go to hell and back for her, and it seemed that promise would be tested. I awoke the next morning with a start, so suddenly that I woke that angel lying next to me. a slow shiver runs up my back, it's freezing in this god forsaken tavern. We may be in the middle of Kryta...but this room had varied in temperature late into the night. I found my clothes and started to dress, all the while the room slightly warming up.
         "Where are 'you' going?", a soft hussed voice asks from behind me.
         "Down to open the Moa, gonna be a busy day, I can feel it already." says I, in a casual tone.
         "No, come back to bed." she says as she taunts me with her doeful eyes.
         "Sorry love, I'll take a raincheck for tonight." I reply with a wink.
         She throws on a pout and throws a pillow at me as I walk through the door. Good god she's a spirited woman. Surprised the hell out me the day she showed up on the threshold of this tavern. Wet, tired, kinda looked like she had been through hell for a few days. Only thing she asked for was a dry, warm room, and a stiff drink. I obliged immeadiately, pouring two shots of fine dwarven stout. Before my glass was to my lips, she already had hers down. I knocked back mine, the warm liquid sliding smoothly down my throat. I grabbed a key off the counter behind.
         "Here, room four, up the stairs and two doors down on the left. " I say as I throw her the keys. She snatches them right out of the air. She flashes me a appreciative glance and a warm smile. Good god she's a spirited woman. I snap back to the present as I stumble down the stairs, still fighting with my belt. There's a loud pounding on the front door.
          "Who the hell can that be at this time of the morning?", I think as I take two long strides and cross the gap between the stairs and the door. I pick up my knife and tuck it in my belt as I go to work undoing the locks. I unlatch the chain, and slide off the wood support that crosses the door. I crack the door, there on the other side stands a big, heavily armored knight. I think rapidly on what I could have done to get my self into this much shit. Nothing comes to mind, so I let the door open wider. "What can I help you with sir?", I ask still grasping the hilt of my knife.
         "Yes, can I speak with Enialis Galanodel and Ms. Ravencroft. This is a very important matter.", calmly demanded the knight.
         "Might I ask who's come to call for Mr. Galanodel and Ms. Ravencroft...they're very busy people you know.", I inquire but to no avail.
         "Just get him, I need to ask him the whereabouts of Luis Emerik, I understand he frequented this pub." stated the knight.
         "Fine, fine, come on in.", I gesture him through the door. "Adaline, we have a visitor. Get your robe on and hurry on down.", I call up the stairs.
© Copyright 2008 JWGreen (jwgreen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399697-Enialis-Black-Moa-blurb