*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399361-search-for-the-truth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Philosophy · #1399361
a fable by one of my many personalities known as the industrial sage
Aman who lived in the desert of arizona once sat and pondered the truths of life. When he realized he knew none he began a search for one who could give him one.He heard from the natives of a soothesayer who lived in the mountains at the age of the desert. He went to the soothesayer and asked
" What truth of life lies in the future?"
The soothesayer replied "The truths of life lie not in the future maybe the past can offer answers"
Taking the prophets words to heart he visited a historian at a local university. He asked the historian "Whats wonderous truths of life lie hidden in pages of these ancient books"
The historian professed"Young man dates and events swim throughout these books but reveal no immortal truths like the ones you seek. Maybe a man of immortal faith could provide insight."
Again taking the words to heart he visited a cathedral seeking out a holy man desperately hoping for an answer. he asked his question the final time and the holy man told him he had no truth but told him the truth may be found in the mouth of he who speaks without logic but with stable understanding. While walking he met aboy ten years of age and the boy seeing the worry in his eyes asked a him of his trouble. The man explained his quest. The boy asked what is a truth. He tried for countless hours to explain truth and could not. The boy then said there is the problem you cant find what anything if you dont know what you're looking for. The man thought for awhile and then his face lit up as he realized the little boy had given him the truth he sought. A man without who searches for nothing will find nothing.
© Copyright 2008 manufactured naturalist (mfnt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399361-search-for-the-truth