*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394979-Dark-Corners
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Teen · #1394979
I'm just starting out so I only made a small portion of my story. Comment for more!
Vanessa always had an understanding that she was different from other girls. While other adolescent females were social butterflies that fluttered about gossip group to gossip group, flirting with young mens hearts, she secluded herself to the dark corners of everyones universe. Of course, life at home wasn't very much of an assistance, growing up among two houses. Her father was a promiscuous drug dealer who rarely had time to concern himself with troubles of his daughter. Her mother nursed a winebottle every night, usually untill she lost consciencness and woke up with her cheek plastered to the toilet seat. Even amongst these two houses, she still kept to the silent comforts of isolation. That was untill she met Libby.
Libby made her premere on a rainy Tuesday morning. Clunking into english class attired with cumbersome combat boots, different varities of gaudy black jewelery, hair restricted back into an untidy bun, and a thigh length purple and black striped dress with a matiching unbuttoned long sleeved sweater. Black fingernails pulled away a piece of dark brown hair from her thickly lined blue eyes as she selcted a seat in the back of the room across from Vanessa. Vanessa could already tell that they were somewhat alike for she apprieciated the color black as well. As she studied the new girls face, the english teacher introduced her as "Elizabeth".
" Yeah, it's Elizabeth, but thats a dreadful, horrid name. So call me Libby".
Vanessa was already growing somewhat jeaslous of Libby with her blue eyes. Vanessa was birthed with green opals, and green would have to do. Considering that her hair was the darkest, purest shade of black, green actally complimented her fair complexion and dark hair quite well.
© Copyright 2008 Lady Madonna (fuzzysox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394979-Dark-Corners